• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to drag black video in project panel into timenline panel

Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2023 Mar 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I work on a MACbook pro. I want to drop a black video (and later add a title) onto my timeline. However, the program will not allow. The blue arrow with grey bars appears. Why is this happening, and how can I correct it?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

When dragging from the project panel to the timeline your are suppose to have the blue arrow with the two gray bars.

It indicates you want to make an overlay.

Just drag it to the timeline to V1 and let go of the mouse.

AnnBens_1-1680347603553.png

You cannot write a title on a black video.

Use the Type tool to write a title in the Program monitor, it will create a separate clip which actually is a graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you post a question you always need to tell the Adobe program you are using
There are MANY programs in a full subscription, plus other non-subscription programs
Please post the exact name of the Adobe program you use so a Moderator may move this message to that forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am using Premiere Pro Video. I want to create a title card. I have tried dragging to my source monitor and into timeline. Quit the program, restarted my computer, looked at tutorial videos. Checked the GPU rendering, and so on. ... It's maddening that something that I know is simple is not working for me. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide.

Jennifer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ann, thank you so much for responding to my message. Yes, this is the problem. Thank you for sending links to the tutorial videos. I'm still troubleshooting. Main question: Why can't I go to project panel, choose "black video" from drop down menu, and drag the pink box onto my timeline, then add text? I feel like the directions you provided are a backend route. I know there are many ways to get to the destination. Still not there. Still working as I write. Thank you, again, for your kindness and help. I am a student, taking a class in college. We're on spring break so I can't ask my instructor.  With gratitude, J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Peru Bob, thank you for replying to my question. I am familiar with the A/V patching, and have checked to insure everything is correct. The problem is this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65-xuqGHXTY&list=RDCMUCCOCVxg0ZiLo6GQ0xctkM7g ..... Another kind soul on this discussion group sent some links to show me how to include text/graphics from essentials graphics > text > type text, etc. This method semi-worked, but the sequence is not pink. It's still black in the timeline. My main question is: After I choose "black video" in project panel, I am unable to drag and drop onto my timeline. Everytime I try to drag and drop I receive that blue arrow with the gray lines on either side.  .... I have googled videos trying to understand, but to no avail. Any suggestions or additonal videos to help me fix this problem in premeire pro are welcome. Thank you, for your kindness. J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a video of what you are doing and what happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When dragging from the project panel to the timeline your are suppose to have the blue arrow with the two gray bars.

It indicates you want to make an overlay.

Just drag it to the timeline to V1 and let go of the mouse.

AnnBens_1-1680347603553.png

You cannot write a title on a black video.

Use the Type tool to write a title in the Program monitor, it will create a separate clip which actually is a graphic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines