• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to edit text in a text layer?!?

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any help will be enormous.  This issue is maddening.  I've used Premiere Pro to complete many projects, I'm doing the same thing I've always done: ctrl+T to place a new text layer, with the selection tool, double click the text in order to edit.  However, for whatever reason, the software is not allowing the text to edit.  No matter how many times I click the text, Im simply unable to access it. 

I've scoured the internet for any answer and no one seems to address it with any accuracy.  Please, any help is appreciated

text layer.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Hi Cocobug123,

It appears that you are trying to control Legacy Text with the Essential Graphics panel. That won't work. Please recreate the text with the "T" tool in the toolbar. Then you'll be able to edit the text. Follow Kristian Gabriel's instruction above.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you kind stranger. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are in RGB, change it to CMYK. Then switch back to RGB.

If you are in CMYK, change it to RGB. Then switch back to CMYK.

It will now work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@duncand60488316 wrote:

If you are in RGB, change it to CMYK. Then switch back to RGB.

If you are in CMYK, change it to RGB. Then switch back to CMYK.

It will now work.

@duncand60488316 

You posted the same bad advice in the Photoshop forum:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/type-layer-not-editable-and-type-tool...

Switching back and forth between RBG and CMYK is a big NO-NO as it permanently changes the color information. If the conversion needs to be made, it should be made once.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/converting-color-modes.html

"When you choose a different color mode for an image, you permanently change the color values in the image. For example, when you convert an RGB image to CMYK mode, RGB color values outside the CMYK gamut (defined by the CMYK working space setting in the Color Settings dialog box) are adjusted to fall within gamut. As a result, some image data may be lost and can’t be recovered if you convert the image from CMYK back to RGB."

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reseting the workspace worked for me on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines