• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import "the file cannot be opened because it is under rights management" into Premiere

Contributor ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning all,

Filmed a boxing gig the other night. Went to import the footage and initially the SD card wasnt being picked up by Windows. I did a DirectCopy out of my camera to a USB pen and the files have come accross. Well, I say that because for some reason the last few files dont appear to thumbnail up. They playback on the camera fine.Screenshot 2021-08-30 080046.png

I may have to do a realtime capture via ElGato device to pull these out. Not ideal but whatever.

These vids also give issues in Premiere in that the top 40 clips go into my bin fine but these last 8 came up with this error;

Screenshot 2021-08-30 080707.png

Which is actually different to what it was saying at 2am last night!! Super. The error I was initially getting was "the file cannot be opened because it is under rights management" . Which I've never seen before and theres no reason for this as the filming methods were the same throughout the night.

I'd LOVE your ideas how to resolve these last eight please.

Thanks in advance,

Lu

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats , Import , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Ok, update! Workaround rather than a solution here.

Going to go detailed here just in case somewhere in the world someone else has the same issue.

Footage was filmed on a Sony HXE2500E . I used the DirectCopy function to extract the SD card's contents onto another SD card using a USB card reader. Took ages, possibly where/how the suspected corruption occured. Now, I tried this again but it seems you can only DirectCopy once as the files on the card get marked as such so you cant DC onto different

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Files 0047 to 0054 might be corrupt as there is no thumbnail in Explorer, hence the error message in Premiere.

On a side note never format a SD card with your computer, always in the same camera.

Never use the SD card for anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Ann Bens  , thanks for the reply. Weird that only some are exhibiting this behaviour. And good shout on the formatting of cards, I always do it from the camera out of habit more than anything else. I re-do a direct-copy and see if second time around does better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if you can transcode to Prores with Shutter Encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey again, I've downloaded it and try for Apple ProRes and other formats and get "00048.MTS: Invalid data found when processing input".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, sounds as more evidence the clip(s) are corrupt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 31, 2021 Aug 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, update! Workaround rather than a solution here.

Going to go detailed here just in case somewhere in the world someone else has the same issue.

Footage was filmed on a Sony HXE2500E . I used the DirectCopy function to extract the SD card's contents onto another SD card using a USB card reader. Took ages, possibly where/how the suspected corruption occured. Now, I tried this again but it seems you can only DirectCopy once as the files on the card get marked as such so you cant DC onto different cards/USB drives etc. Which is a bit pony really, dont know why that would be setup as such.

Tried various apps, renames, extension changes, Handbrake, Shutter Encoder, nothing worked.

Workaround was to use my ElGato 60 capture USB "card", playback the footage in real time and capture it to my PC. Then I'll bring it into Premiere and clip it up. 

So not an ideal solution but it gets me out of a hole and hopefully someone else in the future. I'll now run diags on my SD cards to see if they're failing / risk of failure.

Hope this helps someone.

Have a great week ahead!

Lu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines