• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import single sequence

Contributor ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to import a single sequnce from a project but Premiere imports the entire project.  I've done this a million times before and as far as I can tell, no settings have been changed.  I recently updated to the most recent version of Premiere.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the media browser window instead of import.

MARIANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still imports the entire project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried draggin a timeline from the media browser and it does drag the timeline and imports everything that is used by that timeline, but it does not load the entire project. Are you in a open project already and trying to import?

This is how I do it:

MARIANCE_0-1656604850743.png

MARIANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried importing a single sequnce using the Media Browser and the ENTIRE project.  I usually just import in my bin and make my choices using this window.

This worked a  few days ago and now it doesn't so I'm assuming it has somethign to do with the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're using File>Import

You should use Media Browser window (Window>Media Browser)

I've never used File>Import to import a single sequence

MARIANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Media Browser and I got the same result - the ENTIRE project was imported.

I've used both ways previously and they have worked just fine.  Something happened with this update and I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar issu

e and if there is a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this what is suppossed to do?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqisVmy6LzQ

If this is what you want and something else is happening, you should just go back to default settings. Maybe something got changed. Or roll back to previous version

MARIANCE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you dragging a project? or do you have 2 projects open and trying to drag a sequence?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the same issue.  I use to be able to double click on a sequence in the media browser and it would open in the timeline and I could copy some parts and paste it in to a sequence I am working on.  Now when I double click on a sequence it just sits there for 20 seconds and nothing.

If I import a sequence from Media Browser it imports the entire project.  It's extremely frustrating because I then have to go through and delete stuff I don't need.  Brutal.  This all just happened a couple months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And yes, I've completely deleted the program and reinstalled it.  Also I have reset the preferences.  Nothing has worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines