• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install codec (HEVC) - path or access error

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to render my Gopro video that I just color graded to HEVC, but everytime I press the export button Premier pro prompts me with a pop-up that says it's needs to install the codec. I click OK, but then another prompt comes up that says "Unable to install ...".

It points to a path: "c:\Users\Public\Documents\AdobeInstalledCodecs\1.0\mc_enc_hevc.dll" and says that it cannot write to it. I've deleted the path (as suggested by the prompt) and restarted the app, but no luck.

This problem isn't specific to HEVC though - it's universal for any codec that needs to be installed after the fact. I do notice though, that when restarting the app, it creates a folder in users\public\documents called "Public Documents" and not "Documents" - so I don't know if that's the problem.

Still, encoding videos in Media Encoder to HEVC works with no problem at all.

To note, I am the Admin on my system with full access to everything. I'd appreciate any assistance. Many thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hugo22650196kxoe,

We're sorry about the poor experience. Let us know the version of Premiere Pro & the OS that you are using.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im using 22.1.2. 

But I just found a way to fix this, well almost fix.

I signed in to my account on another computer, and downloaded premier pro on that computer. After installing them I could find "mc_enc_hevc.dll"   In my ":\Users\Public\Documents\AdobeInstalledCodecs\" on that computer. Later I uploaded those files and downloaded them to my main PC and just copied them to     :\Users\Public\Documents\AdobeInstalledCodecs\

And now everything seems to be fine.

Really strange though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem, 

Full admin access 

Full adobe suite licence

couldn't export video. 

There are plenty of issues has been reported, 

No solution seems to be provided. 

Please provide an answer so that we can look into it as the problem comes. 

Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I got the same problem how to resolve with out the hack 

I'm running Rush as an administartor, and I have plenty of space on my disk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines