• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install codec

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having an issue where the files for codecs are not installing. Stopping me from doing certain effects in premiere pro. Any help would be appreciative. 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You dont need to install the codec to edit HEVC clips.

BTW codecs are not needed to do certain effects.

Make sure you have access to the document folder.

On a side note, the hevc codec is not available in trial version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  If I remember correctly HEVC is not compatible with earlier versions of premiere...  And even when it's compatible, HEVC is a bear of a codec and can slow many systems down to a crawl...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using windows and currently at this moment of time I check what version it is on. All I know is I have the latest Windows & Premier Pro updates. I have 48 GB of ram, rtx 3070, and an i7 9700k.

All I know is something is downloading properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I know currently is that I am missing 2 files from the codec folder and they wont reinstall themselves. I have sent an email to support but havent heard back yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried reinstalling the software and Using the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems 

If you have installed the MS hvec codec uninstall that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue was that I didn't have a certain permission to access that folder. When I switched to another administrator on the computer and ran Premier it installed fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines