• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to open .mov files in the 22.5 version of premiere pro

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

.mov files are not supported into import. I opened my other PP account and it works. So it is a setting but I am not sure what setting. Any help?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you saying that you're signed in to a different adobe account, or you're running a different version of premiere which can import the .mov files in question?   You can try resetting your premiere preferences and see if that helps.  

And always a good idea tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card and the properties of the .mov files in question (codec, pixel dimensions, frame rate, etc...).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the time. 

So I have two separate adobe accounts since I manage two firms and need to keep the chairs separate. 

I am able to import the .mov proxy files into one system but not into the other. 

The system I am having an issue with is on a M1 Max MAcbook Pro, Version 12.1 OS Monterey 64 Gigs, 32 core

I feel like it is a setting I am missing. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neal,

Thanks for the info. We need info on the media, though. Can you run it through Media Info in the tree view and give us a screenshot of the results? https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download/Mac_OS

We'll figure this out!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

couldn't hurt to give us the specs for the system that does work with these files...  Could be a weird codec that's installed on that machine but not on macbookpro.   Where do the files come from?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As a version, you need to recode the files to Media Encoder and then everything will be good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines