• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to preview, GPU 1% with accelerator on

Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when i try and watch the preview of my video, i get a black screen, takes ages to load a preview of it, when I click play the playback is frozen and will jump around the video, during this time my CPU will sit at 100% and my GPU will sit at 1%, this doesn't seem right to me, i have gone into settings and turned on cuda, I just can't understand why my gpu isn't being seen properly. please help, its impossible to work like this as I can't watch what I'm doing. 

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset premiere pro preferences

update your graphic card from the vendor's site

clean media cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carlos, 

This didn't work, I forgot to mention that this only happens to MP4s and similar file types. I loaded a project with just a .mov file and my gpu went to a healthy 50-80% and ran the video smoothly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you need to update the grphic card driver since H.264 requires lot of processing.

if you share your system specs with screenshots that would be great.

Meanwhile you can encode them to QuickTime GoPro Cineform YUV 10 bit on Media Encoder,

if you do not have a lot of extensive footage, or maybe go for Cineform proxies and relink the 

H.264 originals after final editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvidia P1000 4GB VRAM

Intel i7-10700

32GB RAM 

so its a decent machine. I will convert them so i can get this project done, but it seems like this is a bug in adobe that not everyone has as it claims it plays nice with MP4s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updates the graphics drivers numerous times as this has occured to me, made no difference. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe!  You've hosed your GPU rendering again.  Please fix this very vital function and stop shipping with it broken.

Gaby... roll back to 22.4 and see if that helps.

I've done this on both my Intel and AMD CPU rigs, both on Nvidia, and it's a marked difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why roll back?  you can always have both versions installed, 

never keep automatic updates on, and get your ongoing projects 

done on working versions instead of updating in the middle of deadlines.

It is not just Premiere Pro, never update any OS, software, plugins etc.. while

still in the middle of projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I tried this and it didn't work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may have to wipe and reload Windows. That being said you might still have performance issues as  seen in the video link below. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably won't do this as I have another machine that runs it fine. However the problem in the video does look like my problem, only my machines drops almost all of the frames. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Mercury Playback Engine is getting buggier and buggier. I hope they replace it ASAP. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Storage configuration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines