• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to start Premiere Pro and After Effects 2021 (0xc000007b)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to once run Adobe premiere pro or After effects on my new desktop. I recently upgraded to a 3070 and ever since then the program refuses to open. I can open Illustrator, Photoshop, and XD just fine without any issue, but not AE and Premiere. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, uninstalling creative cloud completely and reinstalling. Taking the .dll filles from my laptop (Which all Adobe products work completly fine on) and pasting them into my desktop, however that just changed the issue I was having into the current one I am facing now. 

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b) Click OK to close the application."

I am honestly extremely fed up with this issue and just want it to be fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also to note I do not have integrated graphics on my Desktop, I read some threads saying to disable the Nvidia GPU and it would fix it however I don't have that op

TOPICS
Error or problem , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Update: I fixed the issue! Turns out it was my Microsoft VS C++ installation. After trying to uninstall and reinstall now 3 times. I failed the 3rd time, and ended up instead hitting the repair button on each one. Did that twice and it magically fixed the issue. Which is weird because I had already done this before, plus clean installations 3 times. Not sure what it fixed or how it worked through a repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What graphics driver number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im currently running the most recent update Version 471.68

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please uninstall the drivers for your GPU and find and install the Studio version of the GPU drivers (not the gaming version).

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did it, still not working sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the trouble. We appreciate you trying the suggestions shared by the experts above. Have you considered resetting the preferences? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-premiere-pro/td-p/...

Let us know. We're here to help.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, still nothing. I can't do this either since the program won't even attempt to open. It instantly pops up with the error code when I try by clicking the windows shortcut, and does absolutely nothing when I click "Open" through the creative cloud app.

Here is what I mean:

Opening through CC App:https://gyazo.com/e0508e322cfc74f72e680561314832e6

Opening through my Search bar: https://gyazo.com/515f6e65357b8dd1198807f1d9c3a1c2 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Run Pr as admin
  • Update .NET framework
  • Reinstall latest MS C++ packages
  • Update DirectX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work, I have already tried these steps. I even uinstalled and reinstalled all my MS C++ Packages twice now, still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've taken a lot of good steps. You may want to consider using the cleaner tool. You would need to re-install your apps afterwards.

More info at this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hopeful for this solution since I hadn't tried it yet, but it still does not work. I'm thinking of doing a complete system wipe, and attempting to install my adobe CC and see if that fixes the issue. I feel like I'm running out of options at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: I fixed the issue! Turns out it was my Microsoft VS C++ installation. After trying to uninstall and reinstall now 3 times. I failed the 3rd time, and ended up instead hitting the repair button on each one. Did that twice and it magically fixed the issue. Which is weird because I had already done this before, plus clean installations 3 times. Not sure what it fixed or how it worked through a repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 30, 2021 Aug 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds perfect!

Thanks for keeping us informed. Give us a shout if you get any other issues. We're here to help.

Cheers,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,  I got the same problem, can open other adobe apps but not AE or Premiere Pro, tried the cleaner tool, uninstalled and installed the apps several times, rebooted inbetween, including uninstall ofcomplete Creative Cloud with all my apps, still the same, AEand Premiere Pro don't open, not even a start up screen.  Also no task running in task manager other than Creative cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try these solutions? The C++ installation repair/update worked for another user.

• Run Pr as admin
  • Update .NET framework
  • Reinstall latest MS C++ packages
  • Update DirectX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines