• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use Adobe Premiere; Hangs/Freezes/Unresponsive upon doing many actions.

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!
I'm not sure where to start so I'll try to be concise;
------------------------
Windows 10 64 bit
48 GB RAM
------------------------

A few days ago, I was using Premiere with little issue.
All at the same time, I did sevearl things between sessions of Premiere that could be culprits; I updated my video driver and I was clearing some junk off of my computer that threw a random error upon loading audio VSTs for Roland. I ignored it thinking little of it.

I can load any project, old or new; Upon trying to click file, the entire program hangs, though sometimes I was able to get down to click to save, which then there it would hang.  I had attempted to get into the media cache settings to clear it but I'm starting to assume it's more than that at this point.

Things I have already done:
- Rollback video driver and try the Studio versions of the Nvidia driver.

- Update Premiere, uninstall Premiere completely, reinstall Premiere, uninstalled all of Creative Cloud, and went through an hour long remote support session that I eventually disconnected because it was going no where after an hour and I was tired of watching them turn off random things on my autostart menu because they were just as lost as me.
- Deleted everything related, using CC Cleaner, and reinstalled Creative Cloud, still with no change in Premiere's behavior.

I am currently in gridlock with this app. I've never had any problems in the decade+ I've used these programs so I'm not dissing on the quality, I am simply baffled at confused and have never seen anything quite this elusive when trying to diagnose a problem. I'm not versed enough in logs, but I haven't tried to look through them yet so it's entirely possible there's something in there.

I will continue trying to search for the culprit but in the mean time, please as me questions and offer guidance or suggestions. I am willing to try just about anything as I have been unable to edit on my only powerful PC for the last three days.

So in summary, to reproduce, all I do is load into any new or exsisting project and then do just about anything and the entire program hangs and becomes unresposive. It is such a bizzare experience.

Thanks for taking the time to read and have a great day. ♥

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?