• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown Error KNIGHTMAREEEEEE.

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project yesterday, went to open it today and I'm getting the "an unknown error occurred while opening this project" message. I tried opening 11 different save files from the same project, but every auto-save from yesterday over the course of 3 hours, auto-saving every fifteen minutes, are getting the same message. 

Upon trying to resolve the problem, I noticed my Premiere had an update available. Hoping this would fix the issue, I updated. Still won't open. Contacted Adobe, they said to reinstall the version I was editing on, so I did that. Still nothing.

Taking any advice at this point because how can all 11 individual, separate files saved over the course of 3 hours all go corrupt???? Trying not to accept that I've just lost the work...

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yikes, sorry.

Maybe start a new project and see if you can use media browser to bring in your sequence into the new project.

Hope that this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2022 Sep 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It unfortunately did not but I appreciate the suggestion as I had not tried that. I ended up sucking it up and redid the work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2022 Oct 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this problem. It wouldn't open when I started Premiere Pro. The solution I found was to open the project from FINDER or FILES. Or open Premiere Pro, escape out of the opening box when starting PP. Then go to Files > Open recent. 

I first disconected my hard drives, restarted the computer, and then opening it directly from the file. Hours of work saved and yelling colorful words. 

Here is a youtube video I found on it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euR3PO_W7XM

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines