• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown Save Error

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep having this save error. I read some similar forums and they keep saying it could be because your system is low on storage but my sytem has over 2 and a half terabytes of free storage. I keep having to save as a different project. Not sure why the file path has a ? either

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sean!

Sorry for the crash. We can get this checked.

• Can you let us know your system details (OS, CPU, RAM, GPU)? 
  • Does it happen with a particular project?
  • Can you try deleting cache files and see if that helps? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem, I've had to 'Save As' 20 or more times now. It's a pretty big file, but I have heaps of storage space available to handle a large cache. My machine is Windows 10, AMD 3060x Threadripper, 256GB Ram, 4x Nvidia 2070 Super GPU, 1.25TB available on the drive that is hosting the cache. This is terribly annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you screenshot your error and post it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it happens with every project I do, and I've deleted my media cache but I still have this same problem. I also tried saving the location to my SSD as well as my hard drive, however no matter where I save the project, I keep having this problem. 

My specs

Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1080 6B, 225GB SSD (C), 6TB Hard drive (D)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately this happens with every project I do, and I've deleted my media cache but I still have this same problem. I also tried saving the location to my SSD as well as my hard drive, however no matter where I save the project, I keep having this problem. 

My specs

Windows 10 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700k CPU @ 3.70GHz, 32GB RAM, NVDIA Geforce GTX 1080 6B, 225GB SSD (C), 6TB Hard drive (D)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @seanc83602780 & @scottiejhaines ,

Did you try saving the project to a different local location (preferred desktop as suggested by Jeff)? If that didn't help, please check if Premiere Pro has proper access to folders: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/multi/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you followed the instructions from that dialogue and clicked Save As and chosen a different path? I recommend trying to save to your desktop first as a test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I found the answer to this problem. Pause your cloud backups while working. If your cloud backup can't finish uploading your project files before the next save, it will create problems when Premiere Pro tries to save again. It appears that I have solved it on my end, so please verify on your end if this solution works for you, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines