Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unlink camera audio in Premiere Pro?

Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Do I need to unlink camera audio before exporting to Adobe Audition. If so, how do I unlink the audio that is coming from the camera and link the audio from a Zoom recorder (recorded in multifile, mono) to the video? 

Things I've done: Synchronized audio. Highlighted audio from the camera by clicking alt, left click. Then  right click and unchecked "enable" on the menu list. Then I selected all, right click and selected  "unlink" from the menu. Next, I select all, right click and tried to "link" but it is not on the menu list. 

If there is a better process, please let me know, I'm new at editing. 

Thanks

TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and good day!

Guess what? You don't need to unlink clips to send them to Audition, at least, not in my experience. That app can accept both clips and sequences. Give it a try and report back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2022 Oct 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a lot of separately recorded audio. Sometimes only one camera and a separate audio, sometimes multiple cameras.

What I'll do is take a project panel bin with several video clips, each with internal recorded audio and a separate audio file, select all, right-click "Create Multicam Sequence" ...

It will then create essentially a bunch of multicam clips, one of each pairing. And then I'll do any editing from that "multicam sequence" created.

And as Kevin notes, you can simply 'send clip' or 'send sequence' to Audition, no need to unlink anything. Most of my audio does go through Audition prior to export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines