• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unusably slow performance on almost all versions of Premiere 2023

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love some help on this I have a 2019 macbook pro 16" with the core i9, 32gb of ram, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB, and 1 TB of SSD space. I've been editing pretty easy footage to handle from an Olympus E-m1 Mk II, 4k 8bit stuff. Premiere has worked totally fine for the past year, with pretty good performance and render speeds considering my hardware. Ever since the beginning of the year with the new updates playing back the same footage I was shooting a year ago, Premiere lags so much even when playing at 1/8 resolution, can hear the audio in real-time but the video lags. The usability lags too, I press play on the view and it takes like 2 seconds to respond and actually play. I've tried downloading older versions and NOTHING is working, still has abysmal performance. Pre-renders that would take 30 mins in June now take 1hr and 45 mins. Is there any way to get premiere working properly again? I have deadlines to meet and stuff like this makes me so frustrated. I've been using premiere since cs3 but I might need to finally switch to a program that doesn't act like it's running on a computer from 1998.....

TOPICS
Editing , Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NigelBarrosFilms,

Thanks for the info. Your problem sounds frustrating. I am sorry you are experiencing poor performance. Do you have multiple sequences open? Have you tried troubleshooting steps, like deleting all media cache or resetting preferences? Let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

No, I only work with one sequence per project. I've tried all the normal troubleshooting methods, I've deleted the media cache, used proxies, disabled high-quality playback, etc. Nothing has worked, still getting like 2 frames per second playback and crazy lag. Can't scrub smoothly, every action has major lag and this was all basically a none issue before the latest version of Premiere was updated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only work off my onboard SSD, I have a 1TB with about 500gb free. No other hard drives are used, I keep all my current projects in folders on my desktop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines