• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update 15.4 for Premiere isn't available. Still stuck using 15.1

Participant ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although the CC app is offering updates for lots of the other Adobe apps I use in the suite, I still don't have the option to update to the latest Premier version (which I believe is v15.4.1). I am still using v15.1, and don't have access to the speech to text features that I desperately need to spped up my workflow with captions.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't update yet, wait for the updates to be released. Now the latest version is unstable and you will crash in projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is v15.4 with the auto Speech to Text option still in Beta or something? Because lots of Video editing bloggers have been reviewing the new feature, and according to them it was released as the full version months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the function you named was in the beta version of Pr. In the official version 15.4.1, it seems to me that it was not fully implemented. An Adobe employee will definitely tell you about this. Therefore, you will not lose anything. I'm looking forward to the Pr update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you seem to be missing the point I'm making. I can't update the current version i have (which is v15.1). CC isn't offering me any updates for Premiere at all. Whether or not 15.4 offers the Speech to Text or not (and all the blogs I've seen say it does), what's the issue for me is that I can't get the update to check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the Apps section of Creative Cloud, press the elipsis next to the open button and select 'Previous Versions', you still 15.4.1 available, as of today, move fast...

MyerPj_0-1635885423293.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also seem to be missing the point I'm making. If the current version is actually v22.o, then why am I still stuck with v15.1 with no other updates available on the CC app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it you understand this is a user->user forum, we're not Adobe employees.

Try logging out of CC and then if that doesn't work, you may need to re-install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karl, Myer's suggestion (to look at what you are seeing for previous versions) might help. And logging out/in might help.

Since it has not been full stated all together in this thread:

PR 2021 was version 15. The latest version is 15.4.1. And, yes, I understand that your problem is that you can't install it, and are stuck at 15.1.

PR 2022 is version 22. They jumped some  numbers to align version numbers with other programs. The latest version as of today is 22.0.0.

If you try to install 22, be sure to pick the option NOT to uninstall previous versions.

So what do you see when you go to previous version in the cloud desktop?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stan, I've already been deleting old versions for two major updates without thinking about it. I don't uncheck the box and install new ones. And then I can't roll back to the previous one. Previously, there was no such difficulty to roll back. Remove this freaking tick and let it remain as before. Before that, everything was clear and there would not be these capricious questions: how is it, and how is it, etc. Why complicate the process of switching to the previous version. I do not understand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Baffy19,

I hear you. I like old versions being available. And I would prefer the default being to NOT uninstall. Too bad I don't get to decide!

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately, I do not have access to the support service and my request to you is to pass on my message. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines