Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Update premiere version

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi my name is nandin

some time ago I tried to switch to big sur Os with my 2015 macbook (8Gb ram, GPU

6100 1536 MB, CPU i5, 2,7Ghz) then I tried to install premiere pro 2020 because the older version is not compatible with big sur Os, but now my fan sounds more often and I think it slows down a bit, maybe that makes bigsur heavy or premiere pro version?

TOPICS
Editing, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your macbook has the minimum requirements to use premiere pro but you might face a weak performance cause as i already said these are the minimum specs .. please check this link

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

I advise you to upgrade to a new macbook so you can use these kind of softwares smoothly.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That said, I'm working on a a 2012 macbookpro with 16 gigs ram (the maximum possibe) without serious issues.  Not sure if it's possible (thank you apple) and upgrade to 16 gigs (I'd suggest you have a professional handle this upgrade - macbookpros can be difficult for this upgrade and if you brake the ram slot, the computer is toast.  Make sure you have a minimum of 20% free space on your startup drive and if it isn't already, see if you can replace the startup hard drive with an SSD (which I've done). I recently finished a 3 camera 4k project and it definitely presented some performance issues.  Here's how I worked around them.   The camera original on this project was all h264 which is not ideal.  Transcoding to prores 422 although that makes for larger files, will help.  Make sure you have a fast media drive (SSD is the best) with at least 10% free space connected via thunderbolt if possible. 

Premiere has a robust proxy workflow.  I created 1080 prores proxy proxies which worked just fine...  Using the "render and replace" workflow also kept things working smoothly.  I would leave my system up and running at the end of the day rendering the entire timeline...  I also found that when the system got sluggish, quitting premiere and restarting often got things working smoothly again.  With a reasonably sized project this only took a minute or so..  And once you've done your first cut switching between the angles, consider flattening your multicamera material (duplicating your sequence first).  You can easily adjust your edits and quickly find your other angles if necessary.  

Post back with any questions...  and good luck.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines