• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update V 22.6.2 Problems opening project

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since new version released 22.6.2 and im currently working on it, i can not open my project any more each time i have to restart my iMAC to be able to work, and as always error after error and i have to restart it again, i have a deadline by end of the week and in this way is just waesting time. is there any update or sollution to this problem?

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When updating:

reboot machine

update

reboot machine

open project

rename.

That is how I do it, hardly ever have issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh i did all this and repooting many times, still porblem is there and also when i click the footage on my timeline jump to source planel fro editing panel for each small adjustment i have to click on editing panel to be able to edit. so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating a new project and import the old one into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh i did all this and repooting many times, still porblem is there and also when i click the footage indiviual on my timeline jump to source panel from editing panel, for each small adjustment i have to click on editing panel to be able to edit. so annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the simplest solution is to revert to the previous version of premiere that was working properly.  In the creative cloud app, go to applications and click on the three dots at the far right of Premiere and choose other versions.  

and here's what we need to know to troubleshoot the current issue:

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  I know you've provided some of this info, but please provide all of it.  And does your system meet hardware requirements:https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro (22.6.2)

Imac 27" 2020

MacOs Montery version 12.6

Processor 3,6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still notting solved! i still waiting for your response.!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a place where other users try and help people and most of us have ongoing jobs and hopefully something of a life.    And remember that there is nothing in this thread that tells us your level of expertise with comptuers, macs and Premiere, so although some of the things we suggest may seem overly basic or obvious, this is not necessarily true for everyone. 

Although this is too late for your current situation, personally, I never update automatically.  If you don't know how to turn automatic updates off, either do some googling and search here or if necessary, post back.  You'll get a notice when an update is available and I never update when I've got a tight deadline.  And as long as you revert to a previous version of the 2022 app, you'll be able to open your project.  

Did you try reverting to an earlier version that was working for you?   If you need help doing that, post back.  I'm assuming that things were working ok before the update.   If not, tell us.  

Quickest thing is to reset your preferences by holding the option key down while launching premiere.  Deleting the cache may also help. Go to Preferences> Media Cache, click the Delete button next to Remove Media Cache Files..

Reinstalling may help but first, use this, 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

and then reinstall.  

Please try these things in a systematic fashion and if something doesn't work...  tell us (and of course if something does work, post back so other people experiencing the same or similar issues can find a quick solution)

Please tell us your source properties and sequence settings.  And again, if you need help doing that, do some searching here and some googling.  If you still need help figuring out how to provide us with this info, post back.

Some formats can cause intermittent and unpredictable problems..  In particular, material recorded on smartphones and screen recordings can cause issues.  If you have elements from these sources, just do some searching here for how to diagnose and workaround the issue.  

Gotta move on to a couple of ongoing projects and then head into a clients to start a new project.  I will try and reply if I see a new post from you but may not get to it til this evening (I'm in New York City).   You've already had some posts from two of the heavy hitters on this forum, and hopefully we'll be able to get you over this hump..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

and as I quickly reviewed the thread, I see you said "when i click the footage on my timeline jump to source planel fro editing panel for each small adjustment i have to click on editing panel to be able to edit."  This may be symptomatic of a problem with working with more than one monitor or a problematic workspace.  So try disconnecting any external monitors as a troubleshooting step and see if the problem goes away.  And try resetting your workspace to it's previous saved setting.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines