• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to latest Premiere Pro, now its INSANELY laggy

Participant ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the suggested Premiere Pro (22.6.2) finally (hadnt updated in a year, running 22.0 or 22.1, dont quite remember). Now its insanely slow and laggy. It feels like I running premiere on a PC from the 90s. It was running fine last week from the older version. Now its a 20 second time for it to respond to any task, and it constanly freezes. Any help?

Its laggy to the point where I literally cannot get any work done. Something simple like clicking on the timeline to move the start  point to a new location takes about 2 or 3 tries and about 5~10 seconds, if it even responses without freezing, this was a project I had worked on for months fine before the update.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Downgraded to 22.0 and its working fine again, how most people would expect premiere to work. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  Updates often require better system specs...  Might check to see if your hardware is not up to snuff 

https://helpx.adobe.com/nl/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

resetting preferences and clearing the caches may help..

And sometimes something else is going on and it's just a coincidence that it happend after you did the update.  All hard drives will fail, even solid state drives.  It's a question of when, not if...  Make sure you have a minimum of 20 % free space on your startup drive and at least 10% free space on all other drives...  It's possible 3rd party plugins you have installed may not be optimized for the new version...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Version - 22.6.2, the newest update, updated from v22.0

I checked the requirements and all my specs surpass the bareminimum

• Windows 10 latest update as of 9/27
  • CPU: Ryzen 9 3900XT
  • 128 GB of ram
  • RTX 2070 SUPER
  • all hardrives SSD with at least 30 GB of free space

I'm using 2 3rd party plugins, i uninstalled both for testing purposes. I even deleted all the suggested cache folders, which did improve it a little, but it went from being unbearable to a little less unbearable. I even went thru and did a lot of the 'performance suggestions' people made throughout various parts of this forum.

Just a note. This was working fine on the previous version was using (22.0) as one would expect when editing a video. I downgraded back to that version for testing purposes yesterday and it still runs fine on that version. This new version brings me to a complete halt in terms of production. Task like clicking somewhere in the timeline takes about 5 seconds, scrubbing thru the timeline isnt possible anymore, and stretching/contracting the timeline to show more of the sequence completely freezes premiere to a not responding state. I left it for about 10 minutes and it eventually finished stretching the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, second note. Seems to work fine on new projects. The last project I was working on is where I'm hitting all the major issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:  create a new project and import the old project rather than opening it... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

its definitely better, but still brings production to a complete halt. I'm fine until the moment I try to add/edit the main sequence. Stretching the time line sent it into a 'not responding' state, and doing anything such as skimming the time line or just clicking a new point in the time line is a 10 second task (skimming the time line is impossible)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines