I updated to the suggested Premiere Pro (22.6.2) finally (hadnt updated in a year, running 22.0 or 22.1, dont quite remember). Now its insanely slow and laggy. It feels like I running premiere on a PC from the 90s. It was running fine last week from the older version. Now its a 20 second time for it to respond to any task, and it constanly freezes. Any help?
Its laggy to the point where I literally cannot get any work done. Something simple like clicking on the timeline to move the start point to a new location takes about 2 or 3 tries and about 5~10 seconds, if it even responses without freezing, this was a project I had worked on for months fine before the update.
Just to make sure it wasnt a fluke. Downgraded to 22.0 and its working fine again, how most people would expect premiere to work. Any ideas?
Please tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card. Updates often require better system specs... Might check to see if your hardware is not up to snuff
resetting preferences and clearing the caches may help..
And sometimes something else is going on and it's just a coincidence that it happend after you did the update. All hard drives will fail, even solid state drives. It's a question of when, not if... Make sure you have a minimum of 20 % free space on your startup drive and at least 10% free space on all other drives... It's possible 3rd party plugins you have installed may not be optimized for the new version...
Premiere Version - 22.6.2, the newest update, updated from v22.0
I checked the requirements and all my specs surpass the bareminimum
I'm using 2 3rd party plugins, i uninstalled both for testing purposes. I even deleted all the suggested cache folders, which did improve it a little, but it went from being unbearable to a little less unbearable. I even went thru and did a lot of the 'performance suggestions' people made throughout various parts of this forum.
Just a note. This was working fine on the previous version was using (22.0) as one would expect when editing a video. I downgraded back to that version for testing purposes yesterday and it still runs fine on that version. This new version brings me to a complete halt in terms of production. Task like clicking somewhere in the timeline takes about 5 seconds, scrubbing thru the timeline isnt possible anymore, and stretching/contracting the timeline to show more of the sequence completely freezes premiere to a not responding state. I left it for about 10 minutes and it eventually finished stretching the timeline.
Also, second note. Seems to work fine on new projects. The last project I was working on is where I'm hitting all the major issues.
Try this: create a new project and import the old project rather than opening it...
its definitely better, but still brings production to a complete halt. I'm fine until the moment I try to add/edit the main sequence. Stretching the time line sent it into a 'not responding' state, and doing anything such as skimming the time line or just clicking a new point in the time line is a 10 second task (skimming the time line is impossible)