• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated to Premiere 22 and now Captions won't work.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to the new Premiere Pro and I'm trying to add subtitles to my video. It transcribes the video okay but when I click in the text menu where the transcript is, it auto scrolls to the bottom of the transcript and won't let me scroll up to the top or create subtitles from the transcript. Anyone else having this issue?

Video link below

Premiere Pro Bug 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

This post describes workarounds for captions not being created. When using the "transcribe in to out," you can get incorrect timecodes: I can see some of yours later on are in the 9 hour range. This has been fixed in the latest Beta, but the workarounds are easy enough.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-premiere-pro-22-captions/m-p/12479853#M374605

I cannot recreate the problem with the scroll bar jumping around - in a "good" trancription or one with the bad timecod

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset seems to have fixed it! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nvm! It's when I double click in the transcript to change things that it does the autoscroll and doesn't allow me to scroll back up. :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post describes workarounds for captions not being created. When using the "transcribe in to out," you can get incorrect timecodes: I can see some of yours later on are in the 9 hour range. This has been fixed in the latest Beta, but the workarounds are easy enough.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-premiere-pro-22-captions/m-p/12479853#...

I cannot recreate the problem with the scroll bar jumping around - in a "good" trancription or one with the bad timecodes, and with "Disable auto-scrolling" set or not (in the 3 dot drop down menu).

Yes, if the workaround does not fix both problems, I would try a preferences reset. And I would also reset the Workspace you are in.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was the timecodes with the In Out points. I just transcribed the whole sequence instead and it seems to have worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for reporting back. And I hope the "good timecodes" retranscribe proves to do the trick!

I used your double click in the transcript text, and got the problem with being unable to scroll. I thought it was okay in a "good transcribe" sequence, but then scrolling in that one acted up. And sometimes "Disable auto-scrolling" seemed to help and others not. And then I couldn't even click or double click in the "bad transcribe" text. Go figure.

I hope all that goes away with good transcribes.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines