• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updated to Premiere Pro 2022 - we can not export any videos -

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since we updated - we can not export any videos from Premiere 2022 ot Media Encoder 2022

Entire class has ground to a halt

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a lot of details that would be needed to even start guessing.

What hardware and OS are you using? Is it on a network with central storage or individual machines? What media are you working with? If you open the previous version, can you export?

To start with ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Try exporting directly from Premiere Pro. What happens? Sorry for the issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What then is the point of the media encoder?  I have similar issues with encoder crashing 4 times and suddenly estimating 6 to 10 hours for projects that would take 20 minutes to render in 15.4.1

Rendering direct from Pr means you cannot use Pr for the duration of the render, however long that takes with the new update...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin was suggesting something just to get you working somehow. Which when things go blooey tends to be better than not working at all.

Something really odd here as some users are getting fabulous export and rendering performance and others with seemingly similar kit are getting blown outta the water. Just bizarre at the moment.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do apologise if the response came across as rude.  However please also understand the frustration of struggling for almost 6 hours to render a 15min 4K video which would have run seemlessly with the previous version.  In my opinion, massive bugs like this should be worked out in the beta testing before pushing updates to clients.  I was not attempting a fantastically complicated or complex edit - it was simply a Jpeg image in video track 3 over a part of the main video that caused the same failure 3 or 4 times but after 45 mins to an hour of rendering with media encoder each time. 

Using Kevin's work around did render the file in just over 30mins directly from Pr, which to me suggests the Media encoder is the problem and there isnt anything wrong with the Pr project file or even system capabilities even running 4k resolution and VBR 2 pass rendering at maximum quality.  So while the work around is a short term solution, some assurance that Media encoder is being worked on and will be fixed in the future would be great feedback - even if it does raise questions of why the updates were pushed in the first place...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They have their public beta process, and things were on that for months. How simply releasing most of the items in the public beta went south for a certain group of users I've of course no clue.

As a somewhat experienced computer user, I simply don't understand anyone switching to a new app for client work before they've tested it on their machince. And it doesn't matter what app you're using.

Resolve just came out with a new major update, and is having same thing. Most users working fine, some totally bonked. Having to sort out update patches.

Please people ... for your own sanity, test out new releases before committing client work to them! No one can guarantee any app will work on all hardware/media/workflows. I've at times needed to wait several months before an Adobe release was stable for me. And of course this did not interfere with my workflow as I kept working in the previous release.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work - thank you for the suggustion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same issue on my side.

Actual Windows 11, and it crashes on my smaller surface pro 7 what worked before, but also on my I7 Notebook with 16GB ram and a NVIDIA 1070 GTX

When i click on export media in the menu, premiere crashes. When i press ctrl and M premiere crashes. When i open the Media encoder and try to export the media, it gives me an error Code 9. I tried a project that i could export before, and it also crashes now. Every file and project is saved locally and i made the same experience, that with every new update that brings features, some other things break. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wondering what role Win11 brings to this. Still on Win10 here, not having any of those issues. Or if it's some other hardware/media issue? I'm seeing this, that some are crashing trying to export and wondering what the hay.

That wasn't an issue for most of the public beta users ... huh.

For anyone having this, I'd of course suggest continuing to work in 15.x version of PrPro. I presume one keeps the previous versions, and tests new versions with new projects before beginning to actually work client projects in them.

Oh ... and always ... for new major versions, NEVER simply open an old version project in them. Create new projects in the new version. Then use Media Browser panel to navigat to the old project file, and import the project file contents into the new version's project. Seems to be a more reliable way of migrating projects forward.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on my Apple M1 iMac.

Export not working, when it does open, it crashes as it starts to export. Pr also struggling to bring in connected media, even though its been located.

Replies are suggesting to keep using the old version of Pr for old projects, but mine have been updated and are no longer here.

Any advice or fixes for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch! Been there done that, totally get the pain!

And while you have all my sympathies, do learn ... never ever let the previous version be removed (you control that from the CC Desktop app) and always import your older projects file assets into new projects created in the new version.

You can always keep working in the old version that way. And this comment is more for all those that will read this over time than really for you. Wisdom learned from pain ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to work out how to reistall the previous versions and have definitely learned my lesson, will complete existing projects on the old version before the switch from now on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea ... I typically can do the update via create new project/import and just keep working. But I always test it some before really adding 'new' to the project. A few times I have had to retreat to a previous version but thankfully not often.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Facing the Same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a work around to re-install 2021 - so my classroom is up and running - Glad for that, bummed about the lost time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen a role out this bad in a very long time. They need to up the quality of their updates. I am have all kinds of issues with files between after effects and premiere pro 2022. Premiere pro not exporting. Its stupid to call it an update if you can't use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a joke like free softwares work better than this. Paying more than 1000$ for softwares that never worked for more than 6 month straight. I think you guys have enough money to pay talented software devs and fix those issues.

Simply can't export. Premiere crashes when you click export. Software just exits with no notice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines