Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Updated to Premiere Pro 22.6.2 version and it crashed

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2022 Oct 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to the latest PP version, which has crashed constantly from the start. Doesn't even finish opening before it crashes!! I've reinstalled the previous version, and now it's having trouble.

I allowed Adobe to retrieve all the information "that may take a few minutes." I gave it 15 minutes, and it did nothing!! Seriously Adobe! Updating programs is a real concern and is done with caution with you guys!

Mod note: Branched and moved. The title has been changed.

TOPICS
Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Greg,

Sorry, man. Are you getting a crash report or just the spinning wheel? May we have system info? I hope the community can help!

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never update automatically...  never can tell what will go south after an update and this has been the way things have been since video editing software has existed... so always a good idea to wait to update til you have a day or 2 to breathe if there are issues.  On a mac, I strongly recommend you clone your startup drive so you can quickly revert the drive to the state where it was working properly...  But there are a few things that can help. Run this before installing the update

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

reset preferences and caches after you update...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines