• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Mogrt Files in the same project

Engaged ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a designer who is building a Mogrt for me in After Effects that I drag into my essential graphics viewer.  I then drag those elements onto my timeline (sorry for mashing the terms).   If after I drag a mogrt onto a timeline, I delete that mogrt from my essential graphics browse area, add a new mogrt with the same name from my AE designer, will that hurt the original I dragged on to the timeline earlier?  

It seems that deleting the mogrt from the browser does not have an effect, so I'm hoping that PR is keeping a unique copy of the original mogrt someplace and not simply updating the existing one.  True?

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Premiere Pro adds a copy of the MOGRT to the project (and stores it in the specified scratch disk folder). Otherwise, all projects using a MOGRT you delete/replace would potentially be ruined.

What we normally do when we update a MOGRT is to Alt/Option-drag the new one onto an old one, and say yes to the question in the dialog (see image). This works pretty seamless, especially if the new MOGRT is made from the same comp in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a better place to ask this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the answer for this is in Jarle's free ebook hosted by Adobe's blog. The entire point of the book is how to quickly build graphics that can be deployed across teams within PrPro. Including changing as time makes needs, such as when logos, company fonts or colors change.

Neil

Jarle’s Making Mogrt’s ebook on Adobe blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro adds a copy of the MOGRT to the project (and stores it in the specified scratch disk folder). Otherwise, all projects using a MOGRT you delete/replace would potentially be ruined.

What we normally do when we update a MOGRT is to Alt/Option-drag the new one onto an old one, and say yes to the question in the dialog (see image). This works pretty seamless, especially if the new MOGRT is made from the same comp in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is really about what happens when a MOGRT is changed in the same project after it has already been used.  That is, if I either delete to original MOGRT from essential graphics browser (or not), and drag in an updated MOGRT.  Will both the old copy and the new copy be used in the same project succesfully?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Deleting the MOGRT from the Essential Graphics panel does not affect the ones in any project, as the ones in the project are stored in the scratch disk location. 

If you drag in a new MOGRT, you can choose if you want to replace the existing ones or not if oyu Alt/Option-drag the new one onto an old one. If you don't Alt/Option-drag like this, you will keep the old ones.
Will they both be used successfully? Yes, if by "successfully" you mean that the old ones will be unchanged, and the new ones work as expected. 

But I recommend that you avoid using the same name for multiple MOGRT versions, as that may cause problems with media cache, relinking if you move the project, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines