• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating Referenced MOV files with After Effects Causes all kinds of errors with Premiere open...?

Engaged ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody,

I working with After Effects in tandem with Premiere and everytime I go back to edit some thing and export to the same linked MOV file Premiere freaks out. 

What workflow method do I need to adhere to so it doesn't do that? There's no guidance, just glitch. I don't want to have to close Premiere everytime I need to alter a title treatment.

TOPICS
Editing , Export , How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An exported mov is a complete playable file, it's not like an AE comp.

That is, you can update an Ae comp. It's just metadata, after all. But you can only replace an mov file. You can't update them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey,

Have you tried using Dynamic Link instead? (https://adobe.ly/4aDxQU2). This workflow can save you time since it doesn't require exporting the composition or sequence.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines