• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating to PP 2022 deleted all my videos

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I made an entire video and I had troubles exporting it. Checked to see if I had any updates and 2022 was out. I updated, opened PP and all of my videos are gone. Can't even find them in my files. Anyone have a solution? Or am I just SOL? 

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did open the project or are you suggesting the project it gone? If you haven't found the project, then search your drive for *.prproj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It deleted everything. Even all of my presets for my effects are gone. Completely wiped everything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It shouldn't even remotely be touching your source video media. That should live on your hard drive. The only situation I can potentially imagine losing something like that is if you stored your video media in the Adobe default locations and then used the CC Cleaner Tool to wipe Creative Cloud, but even then I'm not convinced it would take your videos with it. When you create a video file, do you know where it's going? Hopefully. I would double check all of that. That would be a pretty significant issue for an update to delete your source media - showstopping. I've never heard of that.

As far as losing preferences and presets and such, that sounds like a more common mishap when updating versions. I would go into the previous version's folder in Documents and find your Profile folder and see if you can copy some of the contents into the newly created profile folder for the new version. It's also not a bad idea to make backups of those types of things anyway, just in case, and then you can import those into a new version, or onto a new computer, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found everything! I didn't realize all of those files would be stored in Documents. I assumed they'd be on my drives. Thank you for your help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines