• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

updating video graphics driver

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I open lightroom or Premiere, I'm getting a video card compatibility issue notice. I click the link to learn more, download the file but than I get a message saying that my computer does not meet the minimum requirements to install the software. I'm not noticing any issues yet when I use Premiere or Lightroom, but getting the compatible issues message is a little annoying.  in the installation readme for the intel graphics driver adobe has me download it doesn't show windows 11 on the list of OSs. I'm attaching a screenshot to further show what I'm referring to. How can this issue be fixed if my computer isn't compatible for the intel graphics card it's referring to? thanks.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd hate to tell you this, but your system is now completely obsolete in the eyes of Intel itself. You have only a 4th-Gen CPU while the driver requires a 6th-Gen or newer CPU just to even install at all. The very last driver for 4th- and 5th-Gen CPUs was published in February 2021; however, judging by the version number it is merely a security-patched variation of a driver that dated all the way back to 2017.

Therefore, this compatibility issue will not be fixed at all since Intel itself will not release any more "new" drivers for that CPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks. do you know if there is a way to fix this? upgrading my processor perhaps maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. As long as you have the same motherboard in your system this cannot be fixed at all. The only fix would be a complete gut overhaul which involves entirely new CPU, motherboard and RAM components, or a completely new PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, thanks 😞 . Me and my father-in-law built this computer last year using a used tower I found on ebay and other various used parts. unfortunately I didn't have the money to purchase a better system than my laptop so I looked to build a laptop using used parts. until recently I got no error message on the intel driver when using adobe software. looks like I'll have to invest in a new tower, CPU, ram eventually. I have yet to notice any issues with adobe yet, just the error message so I'll do what I been doing for now. do you know if there's a way to turn off the intel video driver so adobe won't keep detecting it? thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines