• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading to 3080 Ti Introduces GUI Performance Issues (with Video example)

Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recorded it on my phone, not sure why it's happening, but I will say it doesn't happen if I'm using OBS Streamlabs to record my screen.

It started happening the moment I installed my 3080 Ti, it never happened on my 1070, and I actually RMA replaced the 3080 Ti and while I had my old card back in there, it never happened, but when I got the replacement card back, it happened again. Even after I reinstalled Windows and had nothing else installed, it still happened. Dunno what it is, but it sure is annoying. Especially when I upgraded my card, not downgraded, you wouldn't think it would introduce new issues.

TOPICS
Editing , Hardware or GPU , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the latest Studio driver (not game) is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you have this problem too? Or is this just a hopeful suggestion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a direct and reasonable question from one of the more experienced volunteers around here. From experience.

So ... do you have the latest Studio driver installed?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you're jumping in here? is this a known issue and a studio driver is a known solution? is that an offensive question? I'm down to try, but my experience lately with drivers is I have to boot into safe mode and clean install. would love if OP could answer. unless you also had this issue and you also fixed it with a studio driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's well nigh impossible to trouble-shoot from a distance unless you approach this in a systematic fashion.   Neil and Ann are regulars here and their suggestions are often usually spot on.   And their personal experience and the fact that they probably read most of the posts here leads them to think updating your driver is the next step to take...  Gotta say, I've suggested many solutions without any direct experience with the specific issue, but many times I've been right (probably not as often as Neil or Ann).   

And it's always a good idea to tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  You've given us some of this info, but not all...  Have you made sure that your hardware meets the minimum specs for Premiere.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, bluntly as possible, errors like this are most commonly caused by GPU driver errors.

We would not have wasted our time let alone yours without some reason to say so. I can in no way understand your reaction to a very simple, normal, and common suggestion for troubleshooting GPU issues.

I'm currently credited by users with 1,688 solutions here. Which doesn't count the several thousand that I had on their previous forum system. Ann is around the same or higher. We do have just a wee bit of experience and knowledge of the app or we wouldn't be 'there'.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, I appreciate your knowledge base, but was very much thrown off by your first response ganging up on me like that. I would expect Adobe Community Professionals to conduct themselves with much more professionalism than you displayed. I've also been using this forum for a very long time and very much appreciate all that y'all do and was frankly surprised by your response. I was legitimately curious if this is a known issue and didn't think that would be offensive. I wasn't trying to say you or any of your colleagues don't know what you're talking about, and I apologize if my response was curt in any way. I will definitely try to swap out for studio drivers and let you know if there's any change. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've been on this forum much, I would expect you would have seen how many problems Ann answers of course ... and that you must have seen that one of the more common issues is video drivers with Nvidia cards.

I tend to give longer answers than most around here. Ann tends to short comments. But any comment or query she makes is worth attention.

And we're all different ... and realistically know little about each other's personalities and working habits. Which is why "more details" are often useful. Both in questions and attempts to answer. But time is also a concern. Hence at times "brisk" replies.

I grew up around farmers that barked like crazy. Go to them to borrow an irrigation fitting, they're out in the field working on a tractor. "What the ... you standing there for, grab that wrench and put it on that nut there while you're bothing me.". Help them fix their tractor, they wanna know why you're there. Tell them ... "well, you know where my irrigation parts are I've no idea why you're bothering me" and they'd get up on the tractor and get back to work.

Not meaning anything personal ... never thanking you but always letting you borrow their stuff. Brusque, being polite. I did learn not to take the assumption that everything is personal. And I've some wonderful memories of outwordly crusty but inside very gentle and caring men. And women.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand.  Is the source recorded on a smartphone?  If not, ignore the following.

You may have variable frame rate sources..  which can have unpredictable and intermittent manifestations.

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the source was not recorded on a smart phone, this happens with any type of video file. I just used my phone to record the screen while that happened because if I use Windows to capture my desktop, it stops happening. I dunno if that's a clue about what it is. But nonetheless it didn't happen at all with my old Graphics card on any footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe an older driver from 6 months ago might work better. You could also try updating the BIOS. The GTX 3080 might need a BIOS update if you have an older motherboard. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will backup Ann and Neil on this one. Latest Studio driver should be installed, also make sure you are getting your drivers directly from NVIDIA and not for the Hardware manager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines