• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upon open, Premiere freezes as it writes data`

Participant ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I installed v.15, Premiere takes 15 to 20 minutes to be usable as it freezes up until it's finished writing some kind of data to the raid drive. I actually get the spinning beach ball as it writes, then finally finishes and I can work. 

I've tried a complete Prefs/Cache reset on start. No luck.

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Editor,

What kind of computer do you have? What are the components? Have you tried performance with a brand new project?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

iMac 27" 5k, 2017

64 Gbs RAM

I've opened another project, same thing. 

One thing I noticed is that where the problem is, is it's taking a long time to connect to the media. It will stick on one file and I can see the raid working on it, then it frees up and starts connecting more assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an addendum to my first post - Again, the issue is that when the project opens it spends 10 to 15 minutes loading assets and the Raid is workinig hard processing something.

I'm working on a series of Top Ten shows for a network. I just finished another 30 min program using v15.3. I'm having the same problem.

Earlier episodes of the series were edited in 14.9 and I had no problem opening the project each day.

I opened these shows and converted them to 15.3 and they go through the same problem I'm having with the newer shoes in 15.3.  If I go back and open those same shows in 14.9, there are no issues. 

iMac 27" 5k, 2017

Processor 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Memory 64 Gbs RAM

Graphics Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

OWC 12 TB Raid 1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines