• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

URGENT: How to download Premiere Pro v21, so as to complete a feature film?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using Premiere for 20 years I have suddenly found myself in a rather difficult situation - a feature film that was edited in v21 of Premiere during 2021 and early 2022 suddenly requires some last-minute tweaks from the director this week.  I thought it would not be a problem - simply open in either version 22 or 23 and hope for the best. Unfortunately - it is a disaster - colour grading is completely messed up, 5.1 channel mixing is all over the place. Not completely surprising as I have been reading of similar issues (very disappointed Adobe with these basic issues between versions -but the post is not about that).

The solution for me was then to simply open it using the version in which it was created - v21.  However, v21 has now disappeared from the CC app (it only goes back as far as 22). I have tried following several links and pages to download "older" versions but nowhere have I been able to find v21.

Yes, I understand it is best practice to try and retain older versions of the apps, and also to not change versions mid-project, rules I faithfully follow. However, a mix of client demands and system changes has meant I have ended up on 22 and 23 out of necessity, without realising the fallback option to 21 would disappear.

Am I overlooking somewhere I can access v21. Can someone please help?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will have to contact support and explain why you need 2021. They might give you a download link.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what is the best way to contact support directly?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please go to Adobe Customer Service (Make sure to sign in to your Adobe account first and allow popups and cookies on your browser. You may not be able to see the chat window if using a VPN.):
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen will automatically open the chat window.
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person.

You may also be able to contact Adobe by phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

or Twitter:
https://twitter.com/AdobeCare

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines