• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use original source timecode in a multicam clip?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2018 Apr 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to have a multicam clip use the original source timecode (like in Avid)?  I see how to get it to display it as an overlay, but what I need to be able to do is just type in the timecode from the ORIGINAL clip and have it jump to that point.  Right now every MC clip starts at timecode zero, and the only way I see is to manually play the clip until the TC I need is displayed, which is a major PITA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 15, 2018 Apr 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set start time for multicam sequence to match whichever camera you want to use TC from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a side note, Premiere Pro doesn't have "multicam clips".  Rather, nested sequence are used to achieve multicam functionality.  It's more than a semantic difference, as clips and sequences are different things.

In this case, the method for changing the start timecode can't be accessed via the Modify command as it can with clips.  You'll need to open the sequence and go into the hamburger menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh--what a pain.  Thank you for the answer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They’re more complicated than Avid (and audio is not as useful - better kept out of multicam) but it’s much more versatile.

You can add angles, fix sync, Colour correct, resize one angle etc - all within multicam sequence & it ripples through anywhere you’ve already cut it in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks--unfortunately all that is 1% as useful to me as being able to type in and jump to the original timecode numbers off a transcription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The useful bit was - set your MC sequence start time to match source TC. This is the only workaround I know of. But it will enable you to type in transcription TC numbers

And then go to adobe.com/go/wish and put in a request for ‘source timecode access in sequences like avid’ and they’ll put a +1 next to it. The more folks ask for it, the more likely it is to go in. (Ask the BM guys for it in Resolve too)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, thanks for the advice.  I also coming from an Avid background but having used Prmeiere for 9 or 10 years find Premiere Pro to be SO clunky with multicam.  SO i have a client who strung an A roll sequence together but just did one cam cos he didn't know how to sync everything up.  For me having done so now i should be easy to come in and replace those edits with multcam goodness but NO WAY.  it's a major pain in the ass cos there's no reference to the source time code.  Sorry but that's total BS. Not dissing abyone on this post-I appreciate the help.  Just think Adobe need to rethink their multicam workflow fundamentally because it is so clunky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines