• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't rename file in save as dialogue box using keyboards

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2022 Nov 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying save  a premirer file and in the save dialogue box it show the file name you want to save as and the location, the moment i press any of the "arrow key" on my keyboard to move the text indicator left or right, the dialogue box just close by itself and not allowing me rename. its a bug in premiere need to be fix i guess. 

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

This seems to be fixed with the latest updates from Adobe today. (it is in Premiere-Pro!) YAY!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate
35 Comments
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seems to have started just after I upgraded my MacBook Pro M1 to Ventura OS (v13.0).

I'm using Premiere Pro v.23.0.0 (Build 63).

Since the upgrade, when I try to modify a Premiere Pro project under "Save As...", the "Save Project" window just completely animates away and disappears.

I can still simply save the project with no difficulty as long as I don't modify the name. I can also completely rename the project. But when I use the arrow key to change an existing filename in the "Save Project" window, away goes the window!

For example:

I have an existing project I've named "My_Editing_Project_V1.prpoj" and I open the project in Premiere Pro and make some edits. Now I want to save the file as "My_Editing_Project_V2.prpoj".

Before I upgraded to Ventura, I could open the "Save Project" window via "File" > "Save As...", then use the arrow keys to place the cursor at the "1" on"My_Editing_Project_V1.prpoj" to change the "1" to a "2". Now the window goes away the moment I use an arrow key to move my cursor. I get the same result no matter if the entire filename is highlighted or just a portion of it is highlighted.

I can start the filename over from scratch and the "Save Project" window doesn't go away. However, that's not how I like to work. Some of my filenames need to be quite long.

Anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

I thought, perhaps, the problem could have been that Premiere Pro upgraded itself to 23.0 at about the same time I updated my MAC and that this is a Premiere Pro 23 issue. I didn't receive any warnings nor did I click on anything to "OK" to give my blessing for an update. It just happened.

So, I down-graded to Premiere Pro Version 22.6.2 (Build 2), and the same filename problem exists with the older version, which leads me to believe the problem lies with the MAC Ventura upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Turdcickle,

Welcome to the community, and sorry for the issue. We are aware of a similar problem, and the engineering team is working on fixing it. Could you confirm if the save window only closes when you press the arrow key?

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes -- that's correct. The "Save As..." window goes away the moment I press an arrow key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When trying to shuffle through folders using the arrow keys during the export process, the window cancels out.

Attached is a video, where once I press any arrow key it closes out. Is there any solve to this?

I apologize if this is posted before.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export name is highlighted, no folders are selected.

Might need to use the tab first.

Not a mac person so just guessing here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is a bug with a workaround.

I'll search on the forum to see if I can find the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happen the same to me! I can obviously select the letter i want to change with the mouse and replace it, but it's quite weird... T_T

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i have the same issue... You can use the mouse (or trackpad) to select the letters you need to change and replace them. All the keyboard is working except arrow keys... That's weird but i see no other solution at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the issue when im importing media to my premiere project. One touch on an arrow key and the window closes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround is not to use the arrow keys.

The bug is being investigated by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another editor found this bug here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/quot-save-project-quot-window-[…]ry-to-modif... Appears to be on macOS Ventura only. Let me know if that isn't the case.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this. I am running macOS Ventura too. I'll keep my eye on that post and pin this as the answer for others to follow as well. 
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me as well. Only the arrow keys exit the window. I can highlight the letters or words with my cursor to change anything but the second I hit an arrow key on accident, the entire window closes abruptly. This is also happening when you try to export and rename the file for export, so not just happening during the "save as" process. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well. This is BEYOND frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue first noticed with Version 23.0.0 (Build 63), but have also now experienced in 22.6.2 (Build 2) and 23.2.0 BETA (Build 7) running OS 13.0.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap, I have exactly the same problem on my Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Abdus. This is a known issue in all Adobe digital video and audio applications. Sorry for the frustration: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-bugs/save-as-popup-window-closes-when-i-press-any-arrow...

I upvoted this bug report.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abdus,

Hi, I hope you had a good weekend.

This is a known issue, I am not on the product team, so I cannot comment on the bug's status. The team usually does not make mention of dates and times in their prospective bug fixes. Sorry. You can always check the Beta version for an upcoming fix. That application is updated frequently. I hope the info helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue - I create a sub-clip. Go to add a description in the project panel. After a couple seconds of typing the box will clear itself deleting what I have written and place the cursor back at the start of the box. See video. This happens everytime, without fail unless I can type the full description before it occurs. I have tried resetting preferences/cache and resetting to saved window layout and using only the deafult windows layouts.

Adobe Premiere Pro version number: PR 23

Operating system - Windows 11 Version 22H2

System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:

CPU - Ryzen 9 5900x

GPU and Driver Version - RTX 3080Ti + GTX 1070 (Studio 526.98)

RAM - 32gb DDR4 3200MHz

Hard Drive - SSD (OS + Adobe) / M.2 (Project/Footage) / 2nd M.2 (Cache) 

Video format: MP4/MOV H.264 10 bit 4:2:2 25fps Rec.709 4K

Workflow details: Not sure what else is relevant here. Creating subclips in the source/project windows is all.

Steps to reproduce - Same as issue description.  

Expected result - Be able to add a description

Actual result -  It deletes my text after a few seconds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problems in Premiere and in Media Encoder's

(Version 23.0 Build 57)

"save as box."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sounds like it's a mac issue rather than an adobe issue to me... bwdik.  Not always a smart idea to update OS and/or Apps in the middle of a project....  Although if I had waited to update OS and/or Apps til all projects were finished, I'd still be working in MacOS 9...  I've had projects come back to life 10 years after finishing...     

One thing I noticed in the original post is that you talk about long file names.  Not sure how it stands in modern OS's, but there used to be a limit to the number of characters in a file path...(if you don't understand what this means, post back and I'll explain in greater detail).   I was working on a complex documentary project that dated back about 20 years, and many inexperienced editors had worked on it.  Had serious problems that were only resolved when I rebuilt the media drive limiting the depth of folders...    Don't think this is your problem, but worth a look see...  and a worthwhile heads up for everyone...  And this has proved true on both macs and windows...   And when I was working on clients' machines, I was often faced with enormous resistance to fixing this issue (up there with "you have too many files on your desktop...").  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping for a fix soon - it's slowly killing me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jay,

This sounds like a similar issue to one others have with the Save As function. I'll have to check. Thanks so much for the detailed info.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when I hit 'Quick Export' and try to edit the name of my file from the 'File Name & Location' section if I move the arrow keys in any direction to try and move the cursor to edit the file name, it will automatically close the export screen. This started last week and is incredibly frustrating when you export many files in a row. I'm on a fully updated iMac with the most up-to-date Adobe software. I've attached a video showing the issue.

Thank you in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate