• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Master Styles across projects

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole new titling system in Premier is a welcome relief, mostly, from the old title builder. Particularly in the Master Styles attribute mechanism. However, reusing a library of master styles across different projects seems problematic.

I create Project A. Generate several named styles. I close Project A and create Project B. None of the styles from A up in the menu forcing me to recreate another identical list of styles. Kinda misses the point of such a system. I discovered that if I load Project A first, followed by Project B, B now has access to those original styles. I'm not sure what's the bug and what's the feature. I can close A and B still has the styles. No apparent way to save the styles out as a library of sorts. Makes me wonder if I should create a dummy root project and load that in first before any others.

So, what am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobertS,

Sorry for the issue.

Makes me wonder if I should create a dummy root project and load that in first before any others.

I think that is an excellent idea. It's what I will do, as well. That said, I think you should bring this topic up to the developers here: Premiere Pro: Hot (2643 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RobertS,

I create Project A. Generate several named styles. I close Project A and create Project B. None of the styles from A up in the menu forcing me to recreate another identical list of styles. Kinda misses the point of such a system. I discovered that if I load Project A first, followed by Project B, B now has access to those original styles. I'm not sure what's the bug and what's the feature. I can close A and B still has the styles.

We think you have actually hit a bug. Master Text Style project item is not being copied over for a new project in the same app session (Multi Projects Open).

If you would like to see some way to add a "Library" of Master Text Styles. How would you want that to work? Please add your ideas to User Voice.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it's been two years since this last post and I have the very same need as the original poster. I have recently upgraded to the full CC suite, so it is the most recent PP (2020) and fully up to date. However, not only can I not carry over a "master text style" from one project to another, the trick described above (open a project with the style first) does not work. I have followed other internet leads, creating and installing a MOGRT, which shows up in my graphics panel, there it is: but it does nothing. The style is not on the drop down list. I can't drag and drop it on the text. I cannot get the style to apply itself to my text in any way shape or form. Surely I'm missing something obvious. Can somebody please fill me in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.

Why Adobe didn't include a simple way to move master styles between projects is beyond me. The way templates worked in the legacy title editor was so much better, they should have never gotten rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. If anybody figures it out, please post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2021 Sep 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am also trying to use my graphic styles between projects, is this still not possible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue in 2022 and assuming its still not fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Raven,

I apologize for the frustration. You can create a Style that is automatically saved in your Project panel. You can then export this style and save it. Import the style into another project. Would that work for you? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem many of us have been after them for years. The CC Libraries works ok for some things, but won't work for many others. Yea, that's a pain.

Easiest way to get around this is to go to the Productions model. Very different than stand-alone projects.

You start a new Production, which creates a folder on disc and a Production file inside it.

You build out the organization of your work by building a folder structure from that Production panel. Every folder is a real folder on disc, subfolders and subfolders. And in those subfolders, you create projects for different bits of the job. Project files used almost as bins.

In the Production, you can have say folders that hold project files for media, folders that hold sequences, whatever. And use the media in any project file by simply grabbing & dropping from one project panel onto a sequence from the sequence project. It doesn't dupe the asset, just references it from the other project file.

Which means it never loads all the media from the project and all the sequences and data into RAM/cache at once because it only loads what it needs.

It was designed for massive things like long-form, but it works for a solo shop like me even better I think. I put my workflows in different folder structures for different types of work/clients.

And I have folders that hold the projects where my b-roll, my audio files, my specialized sequences, all that stuff. And use it anytime I want. Easy peasy.

About the only time I make a standalone is for forum or product testing.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2022 Apr 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent idea, Neil. Create a project that has all your text styles in it. Then, import that styles project into one or more Productions. I'm going to start mine now. Between mogrts and styles, you can have a super nice workflow going. I like it.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines