Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Using Merge Clip Separates The Stereo Audio Track Into Two Mono Tracks

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing using Merge Clip is taking my one externally recoreded STEREO audio track and splitting it into 2 MONO tracks. 

1. Why does it does this? 

2. Will this become a problem for my sound editor later in the post process?

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You control this in the Preferences ... how PrPro will handle audio. So go to the Preferences and set your default audio channel practices as you want them.

Currently, apparently yours is set for taking stereo to mono.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Neal. Thanks for replying.  Can you show me in a screenshot what you mean?  

I tried doing the following in this screenshot but it didn't work...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go down to the Timeline tab in the Preferences dialog ... Default Audio Tracks section. I just make sure mine is set for "Use File" for all the options.

Note, this will only change things for sequence created after you change the preference.

There's always multiple places anything could be, yea it's a pain.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked, they were already set up for "use file".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just checked, they were already set up for "use file".

By @BuckEstes

Try setting it to stereo.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huh, normally it's pretty decent about sorting what is dual mono and what is stereo. I wonder if the Merge Clip operation is the problem ... that is problematic in PrPro.

Which is part of the reason for most work syncing a clip with separate audio via the Multicam process actually is a lot better. Very handy. You can even batch a bin.

Say you've got ten clips, each with separate audio ... select all, right click/create multicam and it will give you ten multicam 'sequences' that you simply treat as a clip.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I may need to do that next. Thanks Neil.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines