Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Razor tool to cut Multi-cam, audio fails

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all,

I've run into this problem a few times now wherein I will have a multi-cam clip and placing a cut will stop the rest of the clip from producing audio.  This also seems to happen when I place a cut on a nested sequence.

Now I tried to copy the entire project into a new project file - but to no avail.  When this happened in Premiere 2020, I updated to 2021.  It happened again and I updated to 2022.  In either instance the update did not change the situation.  What I have tried and what seems to be okay is reducing the multicam clip to it's component parts.

I have yet to find an explaination as to why this problem occurs and if anyone knows something  I can do to correct this I would really appreciate it. 

Specs:
MacBook Pro 2019
2.4 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
32GB 2267 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5600 8 GB

Premiere Pro 22.0

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than saying that is very bizarre behavior, I haven't really a clue. I've worked with both multi-cam and a lot with nested clips, and never had this.

Huh.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue, I hope someone sees this and maybe helps fix this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I found a weird fix for the issue, maybe this will help you, but I went into the nested multicam clip that was having the issue and I moved the problem audio track onto a new track line and the audio magically re-appeared. I ahve no idea why it was gon in the first place but this seemed to work for me at the very least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Makes me wonder if it's related to Track Targeting. Multicam does look at Track Targeting at least when it comes to the videos showing up properly in the MC View. But then it doesn't make sense why it would suddenly stop from a cut being made.  

I usually prefer to keep the audio tracks in the main sequence for mixing so it's not something that I've run into or had to troubleshoot 😐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines