Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Utilize All GPU on Radeon Pro Duo

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Has anyone ever succeeded in utilizing all available GPU on a Radeon Pro Duo at all? Either rendering/exporting on Premiere Pro or even Media encoder? Currently using the latest driver 22.Q3 but still to no avail. Anyone with any pointer .. at all?

TOPICS
Export , Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you're wanting here, so a bit more explanation would be good. So all I can comment about is that within Premiere, GPU isn't just 'an addtional CPU', it's a very specifically used processor for certain parts of the process.

When you have the GPU accelerated things going on, at that moment in the CPU's process through the render, it sends what it will want from the GPU to it.

Which is frame creation either from speed ramps/changes/resizing, Warp stabilizer, Lumetri color, some others.

So when you tell us what you are running for media and effects, we can speculate as to whether you're getting 'full' CPU use.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The card that I'm currently using is Radeon Pro Duo, a dual-GPU card. However, I can only see that Premiere/Media Encoder only utilize only 1 of 'em whilst editing or even exporting. I use Mercury Playback Engine (GPU Excelerated) when I export regardless in Premiere or Media Encoder but only 1 GPU was fully utilized. The other one stayed dormant like forever.

Nevermind the CPU. I was just hoping that Premiere/Media Encoder could utilize all my GPUs especially when exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere won't use multiple discrete GPUs, that's in the docs for specs & requirements somewhere.

Actually some of the best setup advice of a computer for Premiere is in the first parts of the included link.

Neil

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh dear .. to sum it all up for this thread .. IT JUST CAN'T 😞

Thank you @R Neil Haugen 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Really frustrating, isn't it?

But they look at the load the app puts on a 'good' GPU and as it doesn't for most things run it to the max, well ... they don't think they need to recode for multiple GPUs. Yet, at least.

While we users look at it and think that 1) we can sometimes max out the GPU and 2) they're adding more GPU accelerated effects, so the GPU over time will be doing more. And think ... why don't you just recode for mulitple GPUs and get it over with?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines