• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

v15 Captions Transitions

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Previously I was able to apply a cross dissolve to caption layer to fade it out - that option is not available in v15 and I also don't see any ability to keyframe opacity or even any keyframe functions in the essential graphics editor.  Please advise.  If I could even move the caption layer under a video layer that would be helpful since I want the caption to disappear as my end card comes on / under a dip to wipe transition.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Thanks for writing, cmcrawley. Unfortunately, transitions are not available to use on captions, currently. There are some workarounds, that, for now, you need to abide by. Otherwise, you can use an earlier version of Premiere Pro.

This post should help you choose if one of the workarounds might work for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for writing, cmcrawley. Unfortunately, transitions are not available to use on captions, currently. There are some workarounds, that, for now, you need to abide by. Otherwise, you can use an earlier version of Premiere Pro.

This post should help you choose if one of the workarounds might work for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thanks for the fast reply Kevin and that link.  Do you know if this is already a feature request or can you point me to the best place for me to post that?  Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried this all again in latest PP 2022 (22.2.0 Build 128) and sadly the functionality for captioning transitions still does not exist.  The nesting of the sequence is a doable workaround but others have noted the issue on the User Voice forum: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro?query=Captions%20transitions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about that, boomtina. The feature you are looking for is still not added to Premiere Pro. I will continue to advocate for your request, though.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines