Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable Frame Rates and Audio Issues

Engaged ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings all,

This is as much a workflow question as it is anything else, but I have a difficult problem to solve and I have no idea how to solve it.

Short version--I recorded a podcast episode with what were supposed to be separate audio tracks, but somehow audio from my end is audible on the other party's end (I think they forgot to mute speakers or something). Anyway, the two videos are of different frame rates, and even if I align them perfectly at the start, within seconds the audio is badly out of synch. To make matters worse, Premiere is telling me they both have variable frame rates, even though the service I use says they're videos with a constant frame rate.

What do I do here? I've already tried running them through Handbrake to get a consistent frame rate, to no avail. I've tried setting them both to comps that are 29.97 fps, again to no avail. This is a problem I've never run into before so I'm not quite sure how to go about solving it. Help?

TOPICS
Audio , Editing , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After dropping the clip on the timeline are you choosing preserve audio sync in the Effect controls?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow I'd missed that that was even there. I'll give it a go this afternoon with the clip and see what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went ahead and tried it (forgot I could re-download these clips a smany times as I need to), "Preserve Frame Sync" is selected on both clips. One of them still gets out of sync after a few seconds no matter how precisely I position it on the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines