• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

version 22.5 being really slow

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my premiere pro has been insanely slow. When even the slightest of changes take excessively long to complete (like changing a keyframe position slightly). I know it's not the spec of the pc as it's been good for the past year.

I've tried deleting the media cache and making sure my ram use is mostly on premiere pro. I'm not too sure else it could be. Ever since I've gotten this 22.5 version it just seems to have endless problems with either the editing side or even the struggle of exporting. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

thank you.

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan,

What are your PC specs? Some of the lower-end machines are affected by the update. If this sounds like your computer, does rolling back a version solve the issue? Let me know. Sorry about this!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the update for a while. I've been using it since the update and it's been fine. Just all of a sudden its starts being significantly slower.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2022 Aug 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jordan,

Maybe some basic troubleshooting could help. Choose File > Close all Projects. Then, choose Preferences > Media Cache and delete all the media cache from all projects. That should help. Let me know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I've done all this already. Been sitting with adobe agents for hours and all they say is " its your system". well the system has been fine for over a year and only in the past few days had this issue. even now with no effects its still stupidly slow. And this is what you get when you pay for this. Thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies. What are your computer specs, Jordan? What kind of footage? As I said, the most recent version may negatively affect the more underpowered computers. If I knew your specs, I could ask engineering if your computer might be affected. 

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines