• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Poor Multicam Performance with Premiere Pro 23.2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP 23.2 is still struggling with multicam editing. 23.0 worked well with 3 streams of 4K footage. 23.2 is hanging, crashing, and struggling with 2 streams of 1080/60. After a few camera changes the system will play back smoothly, but the playhead and audio meters start to jutter and freeze, and changing the active camera can take 1-5 seconds (foricing each edit to be manaully adjusted). After 20 or so camera changes PP continues to playback smoothly, but the interface freezes. I will play video smoothly for 30+ minutes while the program is unresponsive.

I have emptied the cache, reset preferences, disabled audio input, and none of these have made a difference. This project uses only about 40% of CPU/GPU resources, so it is not a system peformance issue.

Restarting PP solves the issue for the first few camera cuts, then the entire process repeats.

Mod note: Title was changed to reflect the issu.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a test I just installed PP 22.6.4 and multi-cam works without issues. Fortunately I was able to split the project and not lose a lot of work.

Mod note: edited for content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was experiencing the same issue in 23.3 on Windows 10. I downgraded to 23.1 and seems to be working so far. I can't go to 23.3 because I experienced a separate bug with exporting. So hopefully 23.4 will be better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines