Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very basic question on Masking in Premiere Pro

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

In my Premiere Pro, I have two photos. The base first photo is a color background one. On top of it is a picture which I need to only display partial of it. I used masking feature (pen icon under crop) drew the line of the area. I noticed the outline of the masking became the black color. How can I remove the around black area and only leave the masking area in picture?

Sorry, this is a very basic question, but I cannot figure it out. 

Thanks,

Susan

TOPICS
Editing , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You say you used the pen ion under 'crop'. Didy you apply the crop effect? The pen icon under the crop effect in the Effects Controls panel will only mask where the crop effect is being applied.

You want to use the pen icon under the 'Opacity' section of the Effect Controls panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, I applied the crop to my picture, then Crop with ellipse, polygon and pen icons will be displayed under "Effect Controls". Now, I have the blue line of the masking for selected area. What is the next step? How can I make the blue line and the outside area of the line go away?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I know what I did wrongly. I should not use the pen icon under Crop. I should use the pen icon under Opacity. It works now. 🙂 Thanks for the help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2022 Apr 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great. Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines