• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow, ancient slow with freeze at least with nest

Participant ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every project that has nest into it, premiere pro is running terrible laggy and slow. It was supposed to ease the editing proccess not slow it extremly down! 

This is a video on some parts that it just freezes

https://youtu.be/wGWD2ybttE8

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's hard to help when there's so much basic information "we" don't have.

Like the media involved, the OS, the hardware, the effects used ... all can have a major effect on playback.

So you're doing multicam work there ... that's also something we need to know about. A multicam from say multiple streams of H.264/5-HEVC media is gonna hang on many computers. That's one thing I can think of right off the back.

Two 4k (or plus!) long-GOP 10 bit files for instance ... that's a freaking load on most machines.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10. 1 3090 2 3070 cpu amd 5950x 128gb ram. M.2 or hdd i have the same laggy experience

h.264 1080 10bit. Effects just lumetri 

Well on older version it was working fine. Never had a problem. I've reported multiple times this problem and now it got worse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that three GPUs on that machine? That is at times a problem for Premiere I know.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Why it was made to be a problem? Like i said in the past it was working fine with 3 gpus but with every new version it gotten worse. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a clue what gets Premiere discombobulated with multiple GPUs, just another user here. And a practical guy. Multiple GPUs especially in an SLI config aren't good, and multiple GPU models are another potential issue.

Resolve can work better with multiple GPUs than Premiere, but even there, when you have different GPUs, there can be problems.

There's been massive code changes/updates over the last three years, so ... well, there's been changes. And I don't think desiging for multiple GPUs is something high on the devs list of priorities.

Maybe @RjL190365  can pop in, that user has amazing knowledge of the gear bits.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried with just one gpu 3090 made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No fix was given. I still have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines