• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow rendering and slower editor performance on MacBook Pro 2019 (64Gig/5600Graphics)

Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just finished a project so I upgraded my PR to 22.2.0.  I need to go fix a few broken clips, so just went in to do that and noticed the editor feels more "draggy", but the biggest change is when I went to render.  I'm use to seeing my clips render about 1 to 1.5x the realtime playback so I'm kind of use to that.  Now, I'm re-rendering 3 different clips and instead of 1 to 1.5x real time, the same clips are taking about 1/4 real time.  That is, before, a 5minute clip would take about 3 minutes to encode, now, the same clip (with same playback engine set (Mercury Playback Engine GPU Accelationat (metal)), it's taking about 20 minutes to encode.

Before I launch a call to Adobe (where I typically get a tech who has no idea about performance and just wants to clear my cache and reset premiere to factory), I'm wondering if this is a known issue and I should just patiently wait for a fix, or something else is going on.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Do you have the latest premiere pro version?

On another note please try to: Reset Premiere Pro preferences: FAQ: How to reset preferences in Premiere Pro? Clear the media cache  https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/clear-cache.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, latest. I've done the cache clear already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i'm also experiencing this - slow render and slow export. I have cleared the cache and reset prefs. I have a full spec 2019 16" MBP. I also experienced this when using previous versions if i switched the GPU acceleration to METAL, with OpenCL my render speeds and realtime playback capabilities were much better. However with 2022 there is nort option to select OpenCL.... I believe this is the problem with this spec of mac but wish there was a solution as my days are now a lot longer due to slow render times and bad realtime playback performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems. Have you found a solution yet?
My Mac is 2019, I9, 64 gb ram, graphics 550.
This absurdly slow performance is not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My problem was that I hadn't updated my red giant (maxon) plug ins. Once they were up to the compatible version for premiere the speeds came back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines