• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Blown Out in New Version of Premiere Pro

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem that just started with the new verison of Premiere Pro. Video (filmed on an iPhone 13 Pro) is imported, it appears fine. When moved to the timeline, it is blown out. Same issue when exporting. Here is a photo for reference. Any help on the fix?

premiere pro blown out.PNG

TOPICS
Editing , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

When moved to the timeline, it is blown out. Same issue when exporting. Here is a photo for reference. Any help on the fix?

By @tylerp59104425

Read this: FAQ: How to fix saturated/over-exposed HLG clips i... - Adobe Support Community - 12489252

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

The 2022 Premiere Pro version has several major changes in color management, and also several default behavior changes concerning many Log, RAW, and HDR formats HLG and PQ. That's what you've run into.

They have to change the program, to give us editors more color management options. I'm not best pleased with how they're rolling out the changes, but that they must is certain. And so I and others here are trying to get users used to the new process.

I've got a full FAQ for this forum with the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Right click > Modify>Interpret Footage....Color Space overide to Rec 709.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I can't see how to edit my reply I will add... it worked when I opened up the clip in a separate project. Saved. Then imported that version to the main project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you've already got a clip on a sequence that you applied any color settings to, then changed color space in the Project panel ... you need to go back to the clip and redo the color corrections you've done. That might be an issue there.

Or it might have been that Premiere was still "stuck" on the previous settings cached data, and hadn't changed it yet. Which can happen also. Typically closing/relaunching fixes that, but some times it takes dumping all cache files.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a better option. That 709 color space leaves everything with strange values and unnatural tint that was near impossible to get it back to normal by using filters and your eye.

Unfortunately the only sure way to get the video back to normal in Premiere is to open them in Quicktime and re-export them out. This for some reason is THE ONLY THING THAT WORKS for me and gets my video into Premiere looking exactly as they looked before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working on a project earlier today -saved, closed -walked away while media encoder went to work. I just went to re open the project -it's gone. So I start over -go to import my footage, and it's COMPLETELY blown out. Modifying to the correct workspace again just makes it worse. 

I'm completely fed up. 

I will try deleting cache files and restarting my machine (again). 

MAKE. A. PRODUCT. THAT. WORKS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a couple FAQs in this thread on the forum, and those have the full details. They completely changed the color management of the program, and it's not obvious except for when clips go bazingo.

So ... go through the FAQs. Sorry about the length, but then ... there's a lot that has changed that users need to catch up to.

Neil

FAQ:PremierePro 2022 Color Management for Log/RAW Media

How to Set Monitors for HDR work in Premiere Pro 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you explain that this is also affecting still photos brought into Premier Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll switch before I have to "catch up to", I'm mad as hell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't provide any information about the 'still', so no clue how I'm supposed to answer. Omniscience not really being my thing, you know?

So giving the info as to the media's color space and format would be rather helpful.

As someone who works daily in both Resolve and PrPro, Resolve is a lot more complicated and complex for color than Premiere. So ... because they finally added a few CM controls, requiring you and me to learn a few new steps, you wanna try moving to something that would require a TON more  learning of the basics there, then ... a lot more learning on CM than here?

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense to me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me it was going to the Media Encoder > export settings > preset > H624 match source - HLG

Also this youtube was helpful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLBfRjHFwOU

Check out our latest video about HDR: https://youtu.be/aamXakeXmRQ ~ https://twitter.com/fxfactory https://instagram.com/fxfactory https://facebook.com/fxfactory #premierepro #iphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, Strider!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's JULY 15th 2023 -and I am STILL having issues importing footage. PP was working FINE the last two weeks, then suddenly -I lost an entire project file and now all of my Slog3 media is entirely blown out when modified to the correct color space. I am absolutely SICK of this app -I can't get through a single project without spending a few hours on this site trying to find answers to questions THAT I SHOULD NOT HAVE. You're really going to force me to learn Davinci aren't you???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the footage. Right click , click interpret footage. Change to rec 709. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope that will leave video still looking poor. Take it to quicktime and re-export it out and it will finally look the way it should.

Mod note: Edited for content. Refer to Adobe Community Guidelines. We have children reading here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines