Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video editing experience is getting worse and worse

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guy, 

is it just me or is it a general issue, I keep having more and more problems with premiere pro, I am mainly working with prores raw HQ files but it's at a point where I have multiple issues with rendering, speed ramping and other errors while exporting. 

Also, I had the worst experience in front of a board doing a presentation, I had no internet and while starting up premier pro it came up as unlicensed 😕 I did open a ticket in the past telling Adobe that every time I restart my laptop it needs to log in again to check the licence, they did try some changes on the laptop but the issue did not go away. 

I now have purchased DaVinci but I reckon it will take a few weeks to get up to speed, only downside is that it's not compatible with prores.

I used to think that paying £700+/year for a software bundle will get me the best thing on the market but the more I use it the more it disappoints me 😞 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What format are you usually exporting to?  

I use ProRes like 99% of the time and have been for years. It's super reliable for me. But I haven't used ProRes Raw before and that's relatively new.  

I can't really speak to the licensing issue. That sounds like a pain in the ass and not normal, but I imagine that's something that Adobe is going to need to officially help with. I have had some weird issues with enterprise CC subscriptions that I've solved with using the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool, but I don't know if that will apply to your case. But feel free to investigate that.  (In my situation I was stuck not being able to log out of my old enterprise account so that I could log into a new one.)

If you're exporting straight to H264/5 with your sequences you might consider:

1. Use Software Encoding and not Hardware Encoding

2. Export to a ProRes master first and then compress that to H264/5, especially in situations where you have effects and compositing going on in your sequence. But even the ProRes Raw could be making things a little trickier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines