Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Editing looks darker like color is changed + Settings problems

Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - ho, good people 🙂

I use Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 (I rarely update anything Adobe because I don`t have more free time to play with bugs) v22.5.0 (build 62) on big LG TV (as a monitor), Win10 Pro (latest version) and HDR 4k screenmode and noticed that from time to time - video editing screen gets darker (not layout, only video). I've found that those weird colours appear in Sequence settings (in Custom mode), working color space somehow changes by itself to Rec. 709 / 2100 HLG / 2100 PQ and one mode is very dark and other of two is normal...

I don`t want to play with colors I've already set so this makes me lots of troubles. Also I've found that, after reloading project with lots of .wav samples, volume is changed (!?) from my edited volume to I-have-no-idea what changed volume curves from how I set them to weird volume curves (too loud to too silent, like vector editing in Illustrator)...

In short - how to RESET to default - video editing color to "standard" (default) and audio volumes to standard? Sometimes I lower volume in Mixer and notice that lowering volume is recorded in timeline (!?)... which I do not want, of course. How to LOCK live-DJ volume controller?

And final question:

- How to lock editing my settings / layouts in Adobe software? I create layout I want to stay forever on my settings with my name, so when windows corrupts - I should restore to my saved layout (it used to work in past perfectly). What does SYNC settings do? Should I set it to "Ask my preference" or "Always upload" or "Always dowload"? When I update my settings to new version - should I - UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD or ASK in new version? It is extremely confusing as sometimes it restores to my settings and sometimes it creates horrifying layout... :S

Thanx!

n.

TOPICS
User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Actually, to disable this "new feature of the future" etc, go to Edit / Preferences / General and DISABLE "Display Color Management (requires GPU acceleration)" and "Extended dynamic range monitoring (when available)".

The reason I enabled everything in new versions that shows GPU acceleration was that I wanted to speed up as much as possible (as new versions used to work slower and slower in comparsion to for example year 2014 where Adobe was flying in terms of display GUI... (Yes - the more mod

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you a lot! This will solve all issues with colors 🙂 Just to understand how to reset / save / recover layout settings and I'm done 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, to disable this "new feature of the future" etc, go to Edit / Preferences / General and DISABLE "Display Color Management (requires GPU acceleration)" and "Extended dynamic range monitoring (when available)".

The reason I enabled everything in new versions that shows GPU acceleration was that I wanted to speed up as much as possible (as new versions used to work slower and slower in comparsion to for example year 2014 where Adobe was flying in terms of display GUI... (Yes - the more modern machines, the "faster" PCs - the slower programs) 😉

Thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines