• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video effects not showing in program monitor or working at all

Community Beginner ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble applying effects to clips in my sequence. Specifically this is happening during color correction using Lumetri, but other effects (I have tried Fast Color Corrector and simply lowering the Opacity) also do not show up in the program monitor.

Some weird and confusing details:

1) If I place the playhead at the very beginning of the first clip in the sequence, I can see the Lumetri effect properly on that clip. It is only visible at this single frame, though.

2) The Master clip effect does work...but it is only visible in the source monitor. It does not show in the Program monitor.

3) Rendering does not make the effects visible.

4) Exporting does not make the effects visible.

5) Global Effects are NOT muted.

6) I have reinstalled the app multiple times and used the Adobe Cleaner tool. The first time I did this, it seemed to resolve the issue. But the problem has returned and now won't go away even if I uninstall the entirety of Creative Cloud.

Could this be an issue with the system I'm running on?

I'm running Premiere Pro CC Version 12.1.2 (Build 69) on a 2018 Macbook Pro running High Sierra version 10.13.6:

- 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 processor

- 8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 memory

- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655 1536 MB graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Found a work around! Disabling and reenabling hardware encoding fixed the behavior in a new project. I copied the old sequence into the new one and I can start over with color correcting.

Not really sure why this worked though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you confident those are the specs of a 2018 MacBook Pro?

As a test: Go to the menu File > Project Settings > General and set the Renderer to Software Only.

Does the problem remain?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying, Meg!

Changing the renderer does not fix the problem. I tried the other two (Metal, and OpenCL), and they do not fix the problem, either.

As for the specs, yes I'm certain. But here are some more granular details on the hardware:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro15,2

Processor Name: Intel Core i5

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

And the graphics:

Chipset Model: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Dynamic, Max): 1536 MB

Vendor: Intel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create a new project and new sequence, does the problem remain?

Was this a project that has been upgraded from a previous version of Premiere Pro?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the new project and new sequence, I can see the changes being made as long as the mouse is clicking on a slider. Once I release it, the effect isn't visible. I'm using Lumetri as my test effect here.

In this new sequence, once rendered, the effect is visible. If I further change the effect, the video in the program monitor returns back to the unedited video (that is, no effects visible).

Out of curiosity, I checked on what happens in Lumetri scopes when I do this. The scopes change as I move a slider, but default back to the previous position when I release it.

The original project was not upgraded from a previous version of Premiere Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using OpenCl or Metal as the Renderer?

Try switching to the one you are not using and test.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The renderer doesn't affect the behavior in the new test project.

Another interesting thing to note: Opacity IS displaying properly in the new project, which is encouraging.

Additionally and also encouragingly, in the Project Window for the project, the thumbnail image appropriately displays the effect (I can tell because I have turned it an awful blue color).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also potentially helpful: Render bar is green here, not red as in the old project. When I render in to out, the effect displays. Again, only up until I alter the effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm . . .

If you have used the Cleaner tool then your media cache should have been flushed.

Did this problem appear suddenly? Was everything OK prior to the onset of the problem?

Any new plugins etc. installed?  Are you working with a media type you have used successfully before?

Maybe someone else has ideas?

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a work around! Disabling and reenabling hardware encoding fixed the behavior in a new project. I copied the old sequence into the new one and I can start over with color correcting.

Not really sure why this worked though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi!

i had the same problem over months.
my solution was: the global fx button.
it was hidden (not visible) in the menu bar at the bottom of my program window - but still turned on.

maybe that helps others, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU so much, andipek!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines