• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Export is very washed out

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm editing a video and in the time line it looks great. Once I export the video everything is extreamly washed out. Attached are screenshot of the time line and the export. I did find a web link from 2019 that had me turn on Display Color Management. When I did that the color did become washed out in the timeline. However when I downloaded the LUT and applied it on the export it there was no difference made. I hadn't had this issue until a recent update of premiere pro Timeline.PNGExport.PNG

TOPICS
Editing , Export , Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would image this is with phone media ... perhaps an iPhone ... and you're shooting it in HLG, an HDR format, but working it on an SDR/Rec.709 timeline.

If so ... go to the clip/s in the bin, select one or more, right-click/Modify/Interpret Color, and set the Override option at the bottom to Rec.709.

Basic color management, but these are new tools in this version.

Now you may need to redo any color work you've done on the clips, but it will export correctly now. Oh ... if it is phone media, tell it to use SDR not HDR ... not many screens work well with HDR yet. Simply being practical.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome to the world of computers. Your type of comments get posted about once a month. Keep in mind you have an operating system. That OS uses a color profile. Your computer has a GPU with a control panel and you also have a computer monitor. But wait! There's more :  ) You also have software programs that need to be setup 100% correct. I will be posting a video soon that demonstrates the problems that can arise when creating video content for the Internet. Having said that your issues could be a simple REC 709 VS REC 2020 setting. The video link below might be helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines