Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video flicker when put on a timeline

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a video with floating lines in the background. Complete animation is created in After Effects and everything is fine in both AE and even in source monitor in Premiere. The problem appears only on timeline (program monitor) and export throughout a single frame. The line animation is looped and this single frame glitch happens always at the exactly the same time of the loop (the rest of the image of the corrupted frame is fine). The problem is fixed by using dynamic linked composition instead of the exported file.

Has anyone encountered such issue? I am looking for a future proof solution 😉

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey dominik.el,

Sorry for the issue. Please let us know which version of Premiere Pro you currently use (Here's how to check). What export settings did you use in After Effects? Does changing the file format have any difference? Please share the media properties of the source file (Project Panel > Right-click on file > Properties) and your Sequence settings. We're here to help.

Thanks,

Ishan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your timeline the same framerate as your After Effects comp?

The glitch happens right at frame 25 and looks like a transparent image has been interpolated in a way that doubles it up -- which suggests a mismatch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm with smrpix ... I think you're dealing with a framerate issue between the Ae and Pr timelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for yor feedback. All of the workflow is done with 29,97 fps - AE composition, export to ProRes 422 and Premiere sequence. After slightly modifying the animation and exporting full 2 min. without looping (although aforementioned blink is not happening on loop itself) the problem went away. Guess it's going to be one of those cases that belong to x-files... 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm curious about what modifications you made to your After Effects composition that fixed the issue. Did you apply any Time Interpolation to the clip in the Premiere Pro timeline when you were looping it? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

None, really. I wanted to tweak the animation slightly anyway and I got rid of the loop so all the people working on the project were more consistent with their exports and getting ready to fight with the glitch I was suprprised with a perfectly working file 🙂  No time interpolation in AP - just dropped a 29.97 fps AE ProRes 4444 alpha file into a 29.97 sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines