• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video flickering at the bottom.

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I hope you can help me. I have been using premier to post on my instagram blog for 6 months now and its all be going great with my videos. But all of a sudden after i have exported them and uploaded to instagram there is now a flicking at the very bottom of the screen and its happening all the time now on every video. Has anyone else experianced this before? As i said the footage on my phone is fine, its after i upload to instgram that it does it. I am hoping some one knows what i mean. 

Thanks a lot for your time. this is really frustrating me.

TOPICS
Editing , Effects and Titles , Export , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

certainly helps to see it...  Why are you using this specific pixel dimension?  I thought Instagram was always a vertical format?  What happens if you use one of the export presets for youtube without adjusting the pixel dimensions?  Just wondering if you see the same problem.  Back in the day,  I can remember there were certain rules about placement of videos in a macromedia director project that you needed to adhere to in order to get smooth playback.  If I remember correctly, the pixel positi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you scale the source video up a bit in the premiere sequence, does that solve the problem?  Might be useful to post a bit of your source clip and your instagram output...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for getting back to me. No it makes no difference I've tried that. It's always the same size flicker at the very bottom. It flickers in the colour of the clip. I'll try and get a picture. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are some pictures 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully you can see it on the video 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us more information about the video format and frame size? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for reaching out. 

It's an mp4 file h.264. Frame size is 23.97 FPS and 1080x1350. I use main and level 4.1 and 2 pass encoding at 10/10 or sometimes high at level 4.2 15/20. I've never had an issue with this before. It's just started all of a sudden. I'll try and get a picture of the flicker and show you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

certainly helps to see it...  Why are you using this specific pixel dimension?  I thought Instagram was always a vertical format?  What happens if you use one of the export presets for youtube without adjusting the pixel dimensions?  Just wondering if you see the same problem.  Back in the day,  I can remember there were certain rules about placement of videos in a macromedia director project that you needed to adhere to in order to get smooth playback.  If I remember correctly, the pixel position had to be divisible by 4.  Wondering if there's some voodoo with this particular pixel dimension.  Were you following the exact same workflow previously when you didn't see the problem with source and sequence pixel dimensions the same as they are now?

WAIT... did you shoot this material on a smart phone?  If so, the problem may be that the sources have a variable frame rate which Premiere has issues with.  Unfortunately, these problems are intermittent with a wide variety of manifestations and impossible to predict.   Here's how to diagnose and solve the problem

use mediainfo to determine whether your source is variable or constant frame rate

https://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

if it's variable use handbrake to convert to constant frame rate, setting the quality slider in the video panel to maximum

https://handbrake.fr
and here's a tutorial on how to use handbrake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=34&v=xlvxgVREX-Y

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey thanks for this. 

I was doing exactly the same. It wasn't shot on a smart phone. It's a file ive pull off the internet like all the others. I've don't nothing different then one day that's it. Just started. I have no idea at the minute. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's a file you pulled off the internet, it might be variable frame rate.  Use mediainfo to check...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was wondering if you may have found a solution to this issue? This just started happening to me when I staretd to upload videos again to my Instagram. I cant seem to find the source of the issue. When I play the video back anywhere else it plays fine with no flicker but once uploaded to instagram it appears again. Which is very annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there 

I am having the exact same issue with an animation graphic I have uploaded and struggling to fix the siutuation.. I have also followed the instructiuon you mentioned regarding handbrake and still to no success at all.. Can you please suggest an alternative solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines