• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Flicking After Updating Premiere 22.5 - Sony FS5 - Sample of issue attached

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have come up to a strange issues with my FS5 footage in the latest version of Premiere Pro. I have attached the issue, This was filmed in Slog cine 3. I have applied a lut to the footage. Strangly other videos in the sequence that was shot on the same camera and same settings dont flicker. 

I reverted back to 22.4 and issue is resolved. but would love a little help on this one or just get it noticed as a known issue. 

I have a friend who has an FS5 as well and they to had this issue, he called me out of the blue and asked if I had this issue and I hadnt until today when I think premiere pro updated itself. So that is 2 people with Sony FS5's having the same issue with the latest version. I exported with 22.5 media enconder and same issue, reverted media encoder back to 22.4 and fixed the issue. So that tells me it is something to do with 22.5. 

Thanks everyone and hope you have some answers. Attached is a sample of the flickering. 

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know reverting solves the issue. I'm getting this problem too, it's definitely an issue with the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're having the same issue on multiple machines in our cutting lounge. Multiple camera sources giving the same problem (mainly Sonys and not just FS5s it seems), but footage from other sources unaffected. Reverting now to 22.4 to see if that fixes it for us too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its such a strange issue, happening on all footage from the camera would be an easy fix but being random, those are always the hardest problems to fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you sir, life saver we've been baffled by the same issue - reverting back to 22.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so glad i was able to help, with these buggy releases, reverting back is always my first point of call. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is user to user forum where we users help each other. The Adobe engeneers do not always read everything here. If you feel strongly about a (new)feature or (bug) fix please post it on uservoice, as it will be read by the engeneers.
https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate, ill throw it up there right away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Joost. Downgrading to v22.4 fixed this for me while editing a 3 camera shoot. I will also flag this on uservoice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://we.tl/t-r6E3tHoD3h - these AVCI MXF Bars definitely show up the flickering *sometimes*. Seen it on v22.5 and v22.6beta (which was only showing pictures with software renderer enabled in project settings on my old MBP).

They seem to only show the error when placed in a timeline containing other formats, but then the flickering also shows in the source monitor. Didn't get a consistent source of 'other clips' to trigger it yet.

Feel free to download them and stick them at the end of a sequence with preexisting material and see if you have/don't have the same issue.

(The flickering appears to be intermittent incorrect colour transform from 16-235 MXF content to 0-255 Adobe display)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like your having the same issue still, no word on any fixes. This is just terrible. Literally the software isnt working correctly and we are still being charged. This is terrible really. Might have to start looking at other editing solutions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading back to 22.4 works as a fix for now. Make sure you downgrade both Premiere and Media Encoder - otherwise you'll get it looking fine in the edit but then the flickering will come back on Export when using ME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the frustrating flickering and think it's to do with the colour management updates. I seemed to solve it by right clicking on all rushes in the project, modify > colour management > change to Rec 709. I found that by having this setting consistent across all footage solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgrading to 22.6.2 solved this issue for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2022 Sep 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know! Just upgraded our systems to 22.6.2 as well and so far, so good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey mate,

you saved my day! Just wanted to say thank you 😉

Had the same problem but just now with the version 25! Seems these adobes dont get their work done^^ Anyways, muchas gracias, cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines